Episode 2-16: A Portrait Spying!

~Kalin's Dream~

It was cold, dark, and hard to see clearly in the storm of the night, thanks to the snow blurring her eyes...

The next morning when Kalin's eyes opened, she saw another pair of eyes.  It looked like a pair from an animal, not a human.  But somehow she saw human emotion in them, as if they were human in the inside too.

The way it looked at her was strange, like it ran into something they're not sure what to do with.  Looking at Kalin with caution and a hint of curiosity.

Then her hand somehow lifted itself to try to reach for it's face.  As if seeking out warmth.  The creature growled and stepped back, preparing itself for self defense.  She paused her hand, seeing his position.

Their growls soften as they saw her wait patiently and still, making herself not a threat.  After confirming that, he moved closer again slowly.

When they were close enough to be within reach, she pushed her hand forward again.  And bit by bit, she felt the fur of his face.  It wasn't warm like she wanted, but she didn't back away.  Her hand kept softly caressing it, as it was too hard to resist such softness.

With enough strength, she lifted her herself a little by her other arm keeping her up on the thick snow.  Kalin looked to see their eyes again, this time with her hand on their cheek.  Their fur was white as snow, maybe even brighter than the snow.  Her fingers almost disappeared within the thickness.

Although, their eyes spoke differently.  It was like their eyes were scared stiff from the touch of her hand, but they didn't shy away.  They just stood there embracing her touch as much as they struggled to not pull back.

But Kalin started to open her mouth a little, as if to say something.  This caught their attention and focused on what her words would be.

"Your eyes... are warm...", with weakness in her voice, she could hardly speak straight.  The creature's eyes went wide as they were shocked by them, but they were intent to hear more if she had anymore words to tell.  But then they felt the weakness in her as her hand started to fall to the thick snow.

Kalin's view was starting to turn black as she could no longer hold her eyes up.  All was black, but before she collapses, the last thing she heard was....

"*Howl*..."

A wolf howl...

~~~~~~~

In the dream, there was a horde of animals that looked like to be hyenas.

"A parade of animals...?"

"The world is about to be turned upside down.  A shining new era is near.", a lion on top of the rocks named scar.

"And where do we fit in?", one of the hyenas ask.

"Just listen.  We're going to take out Mufasa AND his son.  And then I will be king!", Scar declares to the hyenas.

"All right!  Long live the king!  Long live the king!", one of the other hyenas cheered and the rest followed.

"I've fangs and courage that none can match.  So be prepared!", Scar.

"Why did he want to be king so badly?"

~~~~Dream End~~~~

"Another wild dream with animals?", Kalin.

*(!) Did I hear a wolf howl? (!)*

"Oh, Kalin, you're up?  Breakfast is gettin' cold!  Let's go eat already!", Grim tugged on my arm as I try to wake myself by rubbing my eyes a bit from that dream.

Grim must've been really hungry if he wanted breakfast so quickly.  Usually I have to wake up Grim with the help of the ghosts sometimes.  But he rushed me so quickly, I didn't grap my usual sweater for my uniform.  Instead, I had to wear my alternative formal school white shirt with the tie.  The tie looked a little crooked, but I'm more worried about the shirt possibly revealing my gender, since it didn't cover my chest as well as the sweater did.  But with the jacket on top, maybe they won't notice unless there too close. 

After I got dressed, we walked until we made it to Main Street when Grim brought up a topic.

"By the way, did you go somewhere last night?  I got up to warm up some milk.  Was gonna see if you wanted some but you weren't there.", Grim.

"Oh, that's right.  It was the weirdest thing...", Kalin.

I started to explain to him of who I encountered when I went for a bit of fresh air.  Then told him the following conversation.

*(!) The thought of him still brings me questions though. (!)*

"Huh!  A weird dude with horns?  Did this dude have a name?", Grim.

"He told me to call him by a name of my choosing.  And he's not weird...  He's just... uhh... unique, I guess.", Kalin.  I didn't know why I suddenly tried defending him, but I did thought he was strange to not tell me his name.

"Ooh, ooh, let me pick it!  Hmm, then...  How about "Tsunotaro"!", Grim suggests.

"That works!", Kalin.

"If Tsunotaro's a student here, who knows when we might run into him?  If we do, introduce me!  I ain't never seen a human with horns before.", Grim.

"Mornin', Kalin.", Cater.

Up ahead of us, Cater along with Riddle came to meet us.  When we met up, Riddle seemed to have noticed something and as he did he moved closer to me.

"Hm.  Your tie is crooked, you know.  A disorderly uniform suggests a disorderly dorm.  As prefect, you should set a better example for your dorm members.  Even if you only have the one.", Riddle.

Riddle starts to unwrap the tie and starts all over to make it right.

*(!) Oh no, he's so close!  He might notice me! (!)*

"...There.  All better.", Riddle.

Wow, that was quick.  It was like it was nothing for him to fix.

"So, where's Ace and Deuce?", Grim.

"In accordance with rule 249, it's their turn to wear pink clothes and feed the flamingos.  By the way, it seems there was another incident last night.", Riddle.

"Myah?!  Really?!", Grim.

"According to a portrait who witnessed it, the victim was a sophomore from Scarabia House.  His name is Jamil Viper.  It appears the accident happened in the kitchen.", Cater.

"With a portrait serving as our security camera...", Kalin.  I feel like I should remember this detail for future events.

"It's breakfast time, so he may be in the cafeteria.  Let's go see.", Riddle.