Episode 4-4: A Sendoff from Morays!

"What'sa matter, Goldfishie?  Don't wanna go home?  Then here's an idea: don't.  We're not.  C'mon, you can join us in the stay-at-school club.  Heh heh!", Floyd.

Hearing his voice come out of nowhere startled me more than Leona did earlier.

"Where did you come from, Floyd?  And would you kindly refrain from sticking your nose in business you know nothing about?  It's quite irksome.", Riddle.

"He's right, you know.  It's never a good idea to blindly pry into others' family affairs.", Jade.  "Aw, c'mon, Jade.  It's boring spending every new year with the same old suspects.  Besides, Goldfishie's so teeny, I'm sure Azul would love to keep him as a pet!", Floyd.

"Uh oh...", Kalin.

"I'm sorry?  Would you like to say that again?  You're awfully brazen to take that tone with the head of Heartslabyul.  And speaking of heads, I'll have yours for this!", Riddle.

"R-Riddle, no!  This is NOT the place, my guy!", Cater.  "Settle down, Riddle.  You're letting him goad you again.", Trey.

"Yeeaargh...!", Riddle.

"So, Floyd and Jade!  Your family's in the Coral Sea, right?  Why aren't you visiting them?", Cater.

"We and Azul live in the far northern reaches of the Coral Sea.  At this time of year, the whole surface is covered in ice floes.", Jade.  "What he said!  It's hard gettin' home with all the freezy-freeze, and it's boring there anyway.  So the three of us prefer to go home on spring break instead, when the ice has melted.", Floyd.

"Wow.  Living under the sea has all kinds of challenges, huh?", Trey.  "Hmph!  The last thing I need is to spend the new year with you Octavinelle boys.  I'll be going now.  I bid you all a pleasant holiday.", Riddle.

"Good grief.  Well, at least he's got his moxie back.  As for you guys, don't cut TOO loose over the holidays, okay?  See you around.", Trey.

"I should be getting home, too...  Ah, but first, a commemorative photo!", Cater.

Cater got in front of us and gathered us in front of his phone.

*snap*

"Hashtag #FallSemesterLastDay #WithTheFroshes #HappyNewYear #JumpingTheGunLOL  Okay, bye now!  Happy holidays, folks!", Cater.

"As quick as ever...", Kalin.

"So, Little Shrimpy.  Are you and Seal stayin' on campus?  You can always drop by Octavinelle, y'know.  We'd be happy to keep you company.", Floyd.  "A fine idea, brother.  Ah, what a delightful holiday this is shaping up to be.  You're welcome anytime.  Now then, if you'll excuse us...", Jade.

Both twins say this as they place their hand on my shoulders.  Grim proceeded to jump off my arms.

"Heh heh heh...", Jade and Floyd.

As fast as they showed up behind me, did they also leave the room just as quickly.

"Erk...  Just lookin' at their faces makes me think back to when they were workin' me like a dog in the Mostro Lounge.", Grim.  "Yeah, that was brutal stuff.", Deuce.  "Don't remind me.", Ace.

"They really got to you, huh.", Kalin.

"Well, the crowds are thinning out.  We should probably head out, ourselves.", Deuce.  "Good call.  Oh yeah, Kalin...  We should trade Magicam IDs now that you've got a smartphone.  Y'know, in case something comes up.", Ace.  "Oh, good idea.  I'll share mine, too.", Deuce.

As I didn't know how to do that, Ace took a hold of my phone and put his contact info on mine as he showed me.  After Ace, Deuce did the same when he took my phone.