Episode 3-5: A Group Counterattack!

"Oh, are you...? No, I don't see an anemone on your head. I'm afraid we're having a staff meeting right now. If you don't have a stake in this matter, I must ask your leave for us to sort this out internally.", Azul.

"Grrr... You think I don't have a stake in this? I was planning on studying on my own and out scoring these guys in a fair competition. And now you've ruined that. I think I DO have a stake here!", Jack.

"Uh-oh. They've offended Jack's principles.", Kalin.

*(!) I guess he does take his studying seriously. More than I thought. (!)*

"Kalin? Jack? Are you here to save us?!", Grim.

"Don't get me wrong. I'm disgusted with every last one of you. Why would I side with the slimeball offering shady backroom deals OR the guys who chose to let others do their work for them?", Jack.

"What are you here for, then?", Ace.

"Actually, I think Jack's right. He's given me the wake-up call I needed. If you wanna win, you gotta snatch that victory yourself! In other words... If I can snatch my contract from Azul by force and tear it up, it's null and void!", Grim.

"Hey, now that you mention it...", Pomefiore student. "Who needs specialties when we've got numbers?! GET HIM!", Scarabia student.

"I can already tell this isn't going to end well.", Kalin.

"Dear me. I really didn't want to resort to violence, but alas. Jade. Floyd. Play with them for a bit.", Azul.

"Understood, sir.", Jade. "Oh man, I get to squeeze 'em all? Ha ha, niiice.", Floyd.

Suddenly it became a match between Azul and the twins versus the anemone on head squad. Except I'm not leading the fight this time, it's Grim with the others. Jack and I just watched to see how it would crumble.

A Savanaclaw student stepped up with his wind magic ready with an Heartslabyul student using their fire magic. No hits were made against Azul but Jade got hit but he had no trouble getting back up. Ace and Deuce took a shot with their combo attack. Ace shot first with his fire magic against Azul but again no effect on him. When Deuce shot for the combo with Ace it made an impact against Floyd but it looked like he was sort of having fun after that. The next round Ace and an Savanaclaw student came in again against the twins. Ace shot with his water magic and the Savanaclaw student used his fire magic. The twins were hit but they kept getting back up with no trouble. Deuce and an Diasomnia student went against them again with cosmic and fire magic. Grim only joined when Ace or Deuce took their chance.

From watching the fight, I could see it was strange that Azul wasn't affected by any of their magic attacks and that the twins took some hits but wasn't phased by it so much to wear them out. Not to mention any sneak attempts on the contracts Azul was holding backfired and wasn't damaged one bit.

When the fight was over, the whole crowd was exhausted from their using their magic repeatedly.

"Geez, what a bunch of wimps. They're barely worth squeezing.", Floyd. "It's like a whole school of feeble small fries.", Azul.

"How many kinda magic can this Azul guy bust out?! I call shenanigans!", Ace.

"Did Azul's golden contract deflect all of your attacks?", Jack. "Something isn't right here...", Kalin.

"Argh. This is just showing me how hard I lean on my specialty normally...", Deuce. "Without his fire magic, Grim's nothing more than your garden-variety raccoon.", Ace.

"Myah... I ain't a raccoon... *Thunk*", Grim was so worn out he passed out first thing.

*(!) It is his fault for not practicing any other spells besides his fire magic. (!)*

"You have all signed these golden contracts. An official contract is completely unbreakable, regardless of how many bodies you throw at it. No magic can harm this document in any way. Heh heh heh... As long as the sea anemones stay on your heads, you will have no choice but to follow my orders. Why don't you start by cleaning up the lounge? You can handle ingredient prep work afterward. Go on, now. On your feet and get to work!", Azul.

"Is this for real...?", Ace.

"Jade. Floyd. You're in charge of instructing the new staff.", Azul.

"Yes, sir. / Yessir!", Jade and Floyd.

"You're... Jack Howl from Savanaclaw Dorm. And you're Kalin from Ramshackle Dorm, I believe? I would appreciate it if you took your leave now. Why don't you come by as customers next time? You're welcome whenever you like.", Azul spoke to us and then left like nothing.

"Grrr... C'mon, Kalin. We'd better fall back and regroup.", Jack.

"But something isn't right here. There's something were not seeing... Plus, there's Grim and the others.", Kalin.

"You saw how that fight went down. We're not gonna get anywhere unprepared.", Jack put his hand on my shoulder to urge me to go.

"Right...", Kalin.

We then left and headed back to my dorm.