Episode 3-23: A Minor Oversight!

"*Huff, huff* Argh... I never knew housewardens were this powerful!", Jack.

"Let that be a lesson to you. NEVER try to steal my contracts again.", Azul. "Shouldn't you guys be hustling over to the Atlantica Memorial Museum?", Floyd. "Your deadline is sunset tomorrow. The clock is ticking, you know.", Jade. "Then again, after we're done workin' you over, you'll be spending the rest of that time passed out in the nurse's office!", Floyd.

"They're about to attack again!", Deuce. "Crud! Summoning magic ain't my strong suit, but... I summon thee, cauldron!", Ace. "Hey! Don't crib my magic!", Deuce.

"Didn't we go over this yesterday? You'll never touch me with that! Bind the Heart!", Floyd.

The cauldron went sideways away from Floyd and flew past him, hitting the vault in the process.

"Floyd! Watch where you're directing that spell! You've aimed right for the vault, you fool!", Azul. "Whoopsie-daisy. Sorry about that.", Floyd. "No... The door's damaged! The dial and hinges aren't shot, are they?! Phew. Okay, good. How many times have I told you not to use your unigue magic so carelessly?! What will it take to get it through your head?!", Azul. "I said I was sorry, okay? You don't gotta get all bent outta shape over one little thing.", Floyd.

Seeing as they were arguing, I motioned the others to follow my lead to sneak past them, and escape.

"You'd have me save my protestations for when it's completely demolished, then?!", Azul.

"Okay, you two, settle down. Otherwise... ...they'll get away.", Jade.

"Huh?", Azul and Floyd.

But even to our success, we weren't able to avoid Jade's detection.

"Now's our chance! So long, suckers!", Grim. "C'mon, Grim!", Kalin.

"Hey, wait! Jade! Floyd! After them!", Azul. "Gettin' yelled at kinda harshed my vibe.", Floyd. "Is that really relevant right now? How can you let moods dictate your behavior so much?!", Azul. "What about you, Azul? What're gettin' all snappy for? So what if the vault gets busted? The contract scrolls are unbreakable, right?", Floyd. "Do you expect me to walk around carrying a whole bundle of contracts everywhere I go?! *Sigh* Oh dear. That was careless of me. I let Floyd derail me entirely again. Gracious. Jade, continue keeping an eye on them... and look after Floyd, while you're at it.", Azul.

"Understood, sir.", Jade. "Maaan, this stinks. I think I'ma cut class this afternoon and catch a nap somewhere.", Floyd. "*Sigh* Here we go again...", Jade.

~Hall of Mirrors~

"Phew. I was scared stiff there.", Deuce. "We wouldn't be in this mess if you weren't such a huge target, Jack.", Ace.

"Wh-- hey! I just work out more than you guys! What's wrong with that?! Besides, wolves are naturally large creatures.", Jack.

"Well, we can't tear the contracts up. We can't even touch them as things stand.", Deuce. "I think we'd better call it a day.", Jack.

"We wasted a whole day, and for what? Nothin'.", Grim. "Is there really a way to shred those dumb things?", Ace. Everyone was at a loss from what transpired today.

"Wait a minute...", Kalin.

*(!) When Azul freaked out about the vault being damaged... Why would he freak out about the vault rather than the scrolls being stolen? (!)*

*More black Ink spills*

!!!

"Rgh...", Kalin. I clutched my chest a little, bearing the quick sharp sting.

"Oi. You okay, Kalin?", Ace noticed. Then the others look to me.

"Yes, I'm fine. Just probably exhausted from today's battle. I mean they did give us a rough time.", Kalin.

"That's true, even a couple of their attacks ended up hitting you a bit this time.", Deuce. "You should be careful when commanding from the back.", Jack.

"Yes, I'll do that.", Kalin.

*(!) Glad, they bought it. But those hits were miniscule compared to this... (!)*

"Heh. Maybe you should just listen to me instead, since this one can't handle a couple of water hits.", Grim.

I grab ahold of his collar, and picked him up to my eye level. I then pinched one side of his cheek and pulled a little.

"Can't handle what exactly?", Kalin. "Myraaaahhhh!!! Ok, ok. I get it. I'm sorry!!!", Grim.

"Well, at least she knows how to handle Grim.", Ace. Deuce and Jack nodded in agreement. Grim just sent a glare back at them with a little hss.

"Well, we should get back to class before were late.", Kalin. I put Grim down.

"She's right, let's get moving and plan again later.", Jack. We all went ahead to our classrooms.

I then felt a tap on my shoulder, and turning around, I see Ace.

"Ace?", Kalin.

He motions me back a little. I step back a little to his pace while the others were ahead not noticing the big gap behind them.

"What's wrong?", Kalin. "Listen, about earlier...", Ace struggles to say. "Earlier?", Kalin. Ace had a rose-blush color rise on one of his cheeks. "Y'know... from... under the desk...", Ace. Hearing that and then remembering the situation made me red as a strawberry.

*(!) Why did he bring it up now!? (!)*

"Look, I just wanted to say... Can we never bring this up or never discuss it again?", Ace. "You think I want to talk about THAT again?!", Kalin.

Jack and the others turned to us from afar from hearing me raise my voice.

Ace was surprised by my response. "Shhh!! Look, I just wanted to confirm it with you, since clearly those two idiots didn't realize the positions we were in.", Ace. "Then do us a favor, and make sure to keep it that way!", Kalin. "Hey, it's not like I was enjoying our predicament then.", Ace.

When we were about to but heads from arguing, we had a pause to realize how close our faces were when thinking back to that scenario again. Instantly we backed away a little, looking away shyly with red streaks.

"Hey, you slowpokes, what's takin' you?", Jack. Grim and Deuce looked to us weirdly.

After seeing them notice us, Ace and I pulled ourselves together and joined up with the others.

"So what was that all about?", Deuce asked us as we walked in the halls.

"It's nothing!!", Ace and Kalin spoke in sync.

"Huh?", Deuce was surprised and confused by our answer.