Prologue 7: Warm-hearted Principle

(Sorry it took so long.... but I'm back to write more)

~-------------~

After the mock battle commenced

Grim was panting and trying to catch his breath. "Hee-haaa.... How 'bout that!".

Crowley was silent for a couple seconds but then he spoke....

"I can't believe..... there is a person who can command monsters."

"Command monsters....?", I asked this to myself.

"Hmmm... Actually, my teacher senses were telling me since the uproar during the entrance ceremony, that you have talent as an animal wild beast trainer."

*Somehow I doubt that*

"But... no matter how....", he then mutters to himself and I couldn't understand what anymore.

But back to Grim I look, I still don't see why he wanted to be in this school so badly, but I can't shake this feeling I'm having of him being alone.

Thats when I made up my mind, *I may regret this.... but I can't help but feel pity for him*, I thought this before asking Crowley.

"Could you possibly let Grim stay here with me?", I'm hoping if I say something he may listen to me since he doesn't really listen to Grim.

"What now? A monster?".

"You...", Grim was not expecting me to speak up for him, he was stunned.

"Please! You said I may have talent as a beast tamer, so why not him.", I tried giving a genuine smile to convince him.

".....hah....It can't be helped. Alright".

"Hnn!? Really?", Grim wasn't the only one surprised.

"However. I can't simply allow someone, let alone a monster, into a school who wasn't selected by the Dark Mirror.", yeah... didn't think so far ahead about that.

"Also, I can't let you be a freeloader here until you return to your own world."

"Well... talk about short-lived joy", he looked down to Crowley's news fearing the worst to what he may have us do.

"Listen until the end. Concerning the fact that your soul was called here, the school has to take responsibility as the owners of the Dark Mirror.", I listen intently hoping he won't be too hard on us for our time here.

"For the time being you'll be permitted to stay in this dormitory for free. But, other necessities you will have to provide for yourself."

"I understand", I gave a firm response.

"Seeing as you have nothing to your name... Fufu, here is my proposition.", he had a smile that didn't make it easy to relax.

"What exactly are you going to make me do?", *Now I have a bad feeling...*

"No need to fret, I'll have you do maintenance and odd jobs around campus. From what I can see, you're pretty decent at cleaning.", well I only tried what I could do to make it more comfortable, but I gave a sigh of relief if its just maintenance jobs.

"Would you like to become the "handyman" of the school? This way you will receive special permission to remain on school grounds. You'll also be able to research going home or study whatever you desire in the library. For I am gracious."

At the mention of him saying research in the library Grim's ears perked up again, but it was only for a few seconds after his next words.

"However! Only after your work is done.", it's like he knew Grim was only going to put priority into learning magic if he gave access to the library.