Episode 2-23: A Strategic Stampede!

Grim and I met with Ace and Deuce to go through the festival stands to blend in before our plan would begin.

But thanks with my encounter with Taika, the details he gave me was much more helpful to the plan Riddle came up with.

~Flashback~

*(!) At the Heartslabyul Dorm....

I rush into the lounge going to the group in front of me.  Grim and the others were playing cards again.  Riddle was surprisingly watching them with ease, and here I thought he would be their strict babysitter knowing Ace and Grim.

"Kalin, are you alright?  You came in such a rush.", Riddle.

"*huff* *huff* New... information for... *huff* Savanaclaw's plan...", I say as I catch my breath.  All eyes drew to me, including Riddle.

"And where did you get this information, I wonder?", Riddle.

"From a... student that's in Savanaclaw.", Kalin.

"Oh hey, Kalin.  How did your encounter with Taika go?", Cater came in to the room.  Riddle made a different expression when he heard the name.

"Ah, you mean...  You went to Taika for information?", Riddle looked at me astounded.  I guess his reputation is infamous.  I nodded and then Riddle dwelled in thought as he held his chin.

"Taika...?  Who's he?", Deuce.  "Yeah, even I haven't heard of him.  Is he bad news or something?", Ace.  "I'll explain it to you guys later, kay.", Cater.  "Is this the thing you told me that would "eat me" and that's why you left me behind?", Grim complained.

I couldn't tell if he was complaining that he was left behind, considering all the times he's escaped, or that he was sulking that I didn't include him to the meeting just so he could take charge with his way of greeting.

"Nevermind that.  Kalin, did any of the information he tell you was false?", Riddle.  "No, it didn't seem like it since it checked with what Jack was saying." Kalin.  "He told you just like that, Kalin?  That's major surprising.  What did he ask of you in return?", Cater.  "Hmm, nothing really.  Just said I amused him somehow just by my proposition.  He told me everything after that.", Kalin.  "What proposition?", Riddle.  "That I want to challenge Leona...", Kalin.  It was still embarrassing to say since that moment I came up with it while I was talking to Taika. 

"Challenge LEONA?!", all of the guys said in unison.

That didn't help the embarrassment.  From there, I believed it was best I didn't tell them the rest of that conversation.  After processing this, Riddle reassured himself and went back to the topic at hand.

"Would I have to change anything to the plan with this new information?", Riddle.  "No, I don't think so.  But maybe we might need some help from others if possible.", Kalin.  "All right, then.  Be sure to tell us every detail you heard.", Riddle.  "Yes.", Kalin  All was listening as I explained what I was told when I sat with them. (!)*

~Flashback End~

After Riddle making a few adjustments, we end up here to begin.

"Myaaah!  Get a load of all the food stands!  They got churros and funnel cakes, and...  Ooh, is that jerky?", Grim.

"Man, I can't believe I didn't make the team after all that.", Ace.  "Me neither...", Deuce.

"There's always next year.", Kalin.  I padded both of them on the shoulder while being in-between both of them to cheer them up a little.

"Well, we have an important job to do anyway.  We should focus on that.", Deuce.  "Yeah, good point.  Focused.  That's us.", Ace.