Episode 4-36: Feelings Long Held!

The past memories of Jamil Viper is revealed...

Shedding light on his past misfortunes that would lead to his present self...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Jamil's Past~

"Hey, Jamil!  Let's play!  I'm gonna beat you at that board game today.", Kalim.  "This again, Kalim?  You know I'm just going to keep winning.  Can we play something else instead?", Jamil.

"Jamil!  Don't you take that tone with Master Kalim!", Jamil's Mother.

*bonk*

"Ow!", Jamil.

"Master Kalim, thank you for playing with our foolish son.", Jamil's Father.  "You're kind enough to share your company.  Truly, you've been brought up well.", Jamil's Mother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"My very fist memory as a child was seeing my family bow before Kalim and his parents.  I couldn't stand the sight of it.", Jamil

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Listen, Jamil.  You must always win twice and lose thrice when competing with Kalim.  You must never outdo him at anything.", Jamil's Father.  "I know you're a smart boy.  Surely you understand the position we're in?", Jamil's Mother.  "...Fine.", Jamil.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Kalim's parents were far more important than mine.  Therefore... Kalim was more important than me.  Which meant...  Whether in studies, or exercise, or games...  I could never do better than Kalim.  I had to keep myself beneath him.  I had to pretend I was incapable.", Jamil.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jamil, look!  I won first prize at the festival dancing contest!  Aha ha!  I did it!  I won, three to two!  I scored a 75 on the magic history test you helped me study for, Jamil!  What?  You got a 70?  Hey, it's okay.  Cheer up!", Kalim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're not beating me.  I'm just letting you win.  Look at you, smiling obliviously.  Get a clue, Mr. Oblivious!", Jamil.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Me?  Housewarden of Scarabia?  I don't know what that entails, but sure!  You can count on me.  Right, Jamil?", Kalim.

~~~~~~

"Headmage, why are you making Kalim housewarden?  He's a poor magician, and more to the point, he's just a sophomore.  We've got my hands full cleaning up after him as it is.", Jamil.  "A sophomore housewarden is hardly unheard-of at Night Raven College.", Crowley.  "But...", Jamil.  "Viper.  Providing education comes with costs.  And our young friend's family has been quite generous in their support.  It places me in a position where I must make certain... compromises.  You're a clever student.  Surely you understand what that means.", Crowley.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"All the grown-ups tell me the same thing.  "Surely you're smart enough to understand."  But who's trying to understand ME?", Jamil.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We'll keep helping each other out, Jamil!", Kalim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Stop.", Jamil.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I know you'd never betray me, Jamil.", Kalim.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Just stop!  Kalim, your mere existence means that I...  I...  I have to live my whole life deferring everything to you!  I...  I want...  I want to be number one, too.", Jamil.

~~~~~~~Jamil's Past End~~~~~~~~

In the darkness, the past was explained. But the pain was still there holding on all these years. Only can they make it go away.... is by being true to himself and letting out what he had held in his heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jamil...  Jamil!", Kalim.