Episode 4-38: Scarabia Conclusion!

The next morning, everyone was packing up food and drinks and other things for on the go.  We were going on a march, but this time not for a training regime.

"All right.  Jamil's back in the action, and we're done with our winter break assignments!  You know what that means: let's all throw a grand holiday party!", Kalim.  "Have you considered NOT throwing a party every other day?", Jamil.

"Oh, what's the harm?  What could be nicer than a little celebration to commemorate the season?", Azul.  "The camels are all loaded up with food and drinks.", Jade.  "And I've got my swimsuit!  Can't wait to dive right into the oasis.", Floyd.

"Then it's time for a parade!  Bring on the elephants and peacocks, too!", Kalim.

"Yeah!  To the oasis we go!", Grim.

Before we headed out into the sun, I quickly checked my arm under my sleeve and it seemed that the scales were gone for now.  Everything that happened yesterday almost made me forget about this reappearing scales problem.

But I can't think too much about it now, since today is supposed to be fun.  So I don't want the others to have something else to worry about.

"Are you feeling better now, Jamil?  Let me know right away if you need a break.", Kalim.  "Enough.  I told you that I'm fine now.", Jamil.

"Let's hurry to the oasis and get this party started!  Woo hoo!"', Grim.

"I'll teach you two how to swim!", Floyd.  "Ha ha.  I can hardly wait.", Jade.

I was caught in-between the twins again as they say this.

"And Kalin, you let me know anytime if your feeling unwell.", Kalim.

"It's alright, I'm fine.  In fact, I second Jamil's motion of not to fuss over me.", Kalin.

"Aha ha.  Whatever you say, Kalin.", Kalim.

"......", Jamil.  "Alright, were off everyone!", Kalim.

With that said, we were off.  Instead of everyone marching off carrying something, it was just a casual walk with few things or less in hand.  Kalim still rode on the back of an elephant.  There was this huge float making it's way behind him with no one pulling or carrying it.  It was floating and being pulled by magic.  The head of the float was a black and red cobra much like their dorm emblem.  Kalim wasn't kidding when he said to bring out the peacocks as they were more than a dozen peacocks on the float.

An hour later...

"Don't push yourself too hard, Jamil.  You may lean on me if you need to.", Azul.

"I'll pass, thank you.  I'd rather not be indebted to you in any way.  You should be more concerned about not shriveling to nothing in the desert heat.", Jamil.

"Aha ha ha!  You're all such good friends now!", Kalim.

"That didn't sound friendly to me at all!", Grim.

I couldn't help but laugh to myself from their little dynamic back and forth.  I still kept in mind to check for any funny feeling on my arms.

*(!) Why did it appear last night?  From the recent patterns, it would show up under the stress of the heat.  But it wasn't that hot last night, in fact, it was more cool than it was hot.  It was warm enough sleeping in-between Azul and Jade, but still, not so warm that it would be too hot to appear.

So why...? (!)*

After a little while...