𝟕𝟐| Price Of Freedom

"The most courageous act is to think for yourself. Aloud."
— Coco Chanel

───※ ·❆· ※───

DAWN

Her eyes fluttered open for the first time in a long while.

And her vision, didn't seem too blurry, as if the lenses were wiped clear allowing her to greedily drink in her surroundings.

The leaves, the orange leaves that instantly scrunched up and shrivelled into tiny pieces flowed with the wind, the bark of the trees turned grey and pale losing its colour and its life, the grass beneath her feet evaporated into dust and left a lifeless, burnt patch on the ground. The life was sucked out of the vegetation within distance of the leaking Shizen that enshrouded her skin and she loved it. It was a bittersweet reminder that everywhere she went, death would follow her till the end.

It felt empowering, a shield of potency and control, nature was subservient, a slave awaiting her command and a pawn that she could dispose of at any time she willed.

Dawn lifted her hands, staring at her palm littered with small scars oozing with blood that was created by the sharp margin of her nails, the cuts burned and singed. She frowned. It irritated her, cuts, scars, bruises— all signs of imperfection. Clenching her fist, she watched as steam emitted from her hands and healed the cuts in an instant, returning them to its original state. Similar to how the world itself was wounded as humans took control over a force they couldn't handle and dismantled it piece by piece until the damage was irreversible, they paid the price for being weak- for having greed far beyond what they could handle.

She was the opposite, the damage she created was reversible, because she had the power to create what has been destroyed.

She had control.

Energies stirred in the air, she could feel it prickling like goosebumps on her skin and drown in her pores. Five altogether, two with rather large reserves of energy and three averages. She knew not underestimate them, but she also knew not to underestimate herself either. Fighting wasn't what she desired, unlike before when she was hysterical and caught up in a hurricane of emotions, she could now differentiate reality from neurosis.

Panic, anxiety, irrationality, hallucination, it was all conducts of the mind, conducts that had the power to create an unstable vessel who was vulnerable to exploitation and manipulation.

She, on the other hand, desired to create chaos. In order to do that, she had to take matters into her own hands.

Dawn sighed and placed the palm of her hand on a tree and felt the familiar coldness frosting her veins, her neurones sensitive to the electricity that sparked and flickered on her skin. She applied more pressure and watched as the sky relentlessly roared and bellowed. The clouds swirled around each other and made a pathway for the strike of lightning to channel to the tree and obliterate it into a thousand tiny pieces.

Nature is nothing, yet nothing can easily erase humanity if it wanted to. However, due to the manifestation of Chakra, humans were gifted a weapon that coursed through their veins like blood, it made them hunters rather than their instinctive nature to be preyed upon.

"Dawn!"

She nonchalantly glanced at the spur of dishevelled blond hair and erratic blue eyes. Another energy stirred, the nine-tails, it sensed her heightened presence, she could feel it's annoyance grow. After all, the beast is a chakra powerhouse, it knew only to protect itself from threats, but also from the unknown.