𝟏𝟎𝟏| "Sinful kisses from the devil"

CHAPTER 101 — SINFUL KISSES FROM THE DEVIL
══════════════════

All good things come to an end.

Sora thought as she breathed in the cool air. It was serene, like a calm flowing river until she arrived; a blazing, fierce wind that fuelled the torrents and ravaged everything in sight like a starved, cage animal deprived of its prey.

It had been long. Too long as her sharp-edged nails plunged into the chest of the corpse that laid besides her feet and tore their heart out of their chest. The Executioner had a fancy way of fulfilling its job as the reaper of death; a ghastly spirit that appeared when chaos brew in the midst and the skies darkened reverently in anticipation. A catastrophic atmosphere was where she worked best. Sora usually preferred severing heads, but she decided tearing hearts would leave more of an impact and entice a reaction she'd been craving to see for a while now. Dawn had shoved her away into the darkest depths of her mind and it'd been long since she'd seen otherwise. Darkness changed individuals, but she thrived in the absence of light.

Four, dead bodies of the Konohan research team had all faced the same brutal treatment, the walls painted a tasteful red and the shutters closed to board the light. Lazily, Sora glanced at the frightened woman cowering in her presence, Sai standing quietly in the corner. She had half the mind to tell him to take notes while he was at it.

"Well?" She raised an eyebrow before releasing a frustrated groan and threw her head back. Sora gestured to the dead bodies. "You're telling me, after seeing all of that, you still won't speak? It's like you have a death wish."

She strode slowly and menacing, as though a mantle of sick anticipation dragged across the floor, and sat cross-legged on the ground besides the woman and leaned her chin on her knuckles. Sora studied her carefully, calculating her next move. It was clear she was the confidant, Tsunade spoke of her in high regards and her colleagues- or, what was left of them, tried their hardest to stall her movements long enough so that she could escape. She would've engaged in a cat and mouse game, unnecessarily dragging a simple task until she grew bored and decided to invade her mind. Sora loved her games, it made responsibility a lot more enjoyable when she gained something out of it. Only now, time was ticking. Dawn wouldn't have willingly gave her control if it meant time wasn't sanctioned.

Her gaze danced around the room. There was a picture frame on the wall, presumably of close relatives belonging to the people in the room. One even had a ring on their finger, civilians used it to exemplify marriage. Sora stared back at the woman, she had nothing to lose, that was why she was made a confidant. If she died, no one would miss her.

"Maybe I should let you live." Sora mused, tilting her head to the side as her fingers trickled up the woman's cheek and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "Knowing that as each day goes by, guilt will eat you away until you wish that you could've died by my hands. Only then, it'll make your death honourable rather than the coward you are."

"I-I saw you around Lady Tsunade." The woman whimpered, tears leaking from her eyes as she shuffled away as far as she could until her back met the wall. "She- She trusts you and- and you betray her?"

"It's not a betrayal when trust works both ways." She hummed and slowly stood up. Sora gripped the woman's arm and shoved her towards Sai. "Restrain her, make sure she can't move her arms."

Sai nodded and locked both of her arms behind her back, holding her in place. The woman cried out from the pressure, one wrong move and her shoulders would dislocate simultaneously.