𝟓𝟎| Home

"Home isn't where you're from, it's where you find light when all grows dark."
— Pierce Brown

───※ ·❆· ※───

DAWNS POV

"Hinata versed her cousin Neji and that match... didn't end too well. Let's just say that he almost killed her and she was critical injured. All because of some destiny stuff and family problems, I just didn't think that he'd go that far as to kill his own family." Sakura fingered the short-ends of her hair. "And don't get me started on Gaara and Lee's match. I thought Gaara was somewhat of a decent person, but that match was horrific."

I furrowed my eyebrows, racking my head for a 'Gaara' until a red-head appeared. "From Suna?"

Sakura nodded. "I'm not going to go into so much detail since you just woke up and need all the rest you can get. Lee, like you, is a Taijutsu specialist. The way he fought in the Forest of Death was amazing... but he was no match for Gaara. Gaara completely obliterated his hand and leg, from the looks of it I don't know if he'll be able to fully recover."

A frown made it's way to my lips, it was upsetting to know that a kind person like him had to face such a deterrence. "That's... unfortunate."

It had been an hour since I had woken up with no recollection of what had happened during my match, all I remembered was getting my ass kicked and somehow turning out to be the victor. Not to mention Yin was barely alive and in intensive care, it sent a shiver down my spine. For some reason, it hurt to try and remember. My body was smothered with bandages and any sudden movement I made resulted in being in pain for a couple of minutes until it settled down. I hated feeling this weak but I needed the rest, it took everything in me to make it this far and not scream out in pain.

My eyes settled on Jiro who was fast asleep on the side of my bed, he looked restless, jumpy even.

"Sakura." I said abruptly.

Sakura blinked, before smiling. "Yes?"

"What..." I looked down at the hospital gown I was dressed in. "What happened during my match?"

She froze. I narrowed my eyes.

"You won, obviously." She laughed it off, avoiding eye-contact. "You put Yin in her place and that's about it."

"That's it?" I raised an eyebrow, unable to conceal my frown.

"Yeah." She gave a tight-lipped smile.

I'd like to think we were in somewhat of a steady friendship that she wouldn't lie directly to my face, but then again I've been lying to their faces about who I was so I couldn't exactly condemn her for it. Stumped, I opted for a nod and laid my cheek flat against the pillow, my eyes making contact with the machinery besides me. I hated hospitals, everything about it reeked misery and a strong scent of pharmaceuticals, the only time I have ever been admitted to a hospital was when I first arrived at the Village. Other than that, I treated my own wounds and relied on my quick healing.

That was when I realised something.

I'm wearing a hospital gown.

That meant someone must've changed my clothes, it also meant that they have seen the scarred skin beneath the material of my clothing. One that I was ashamed of, insecure even, I usually distracted myself from such thoughts by training. But it didn't help the fact that I felt humiliated, not to mention exposed. Someone had seen me in such an unattractive state, they've seen me.