𝟒𝟒| Myths

"I walked into my own book, seeking peace.
It was night, and I made a careless movement inside the dream; I turned too brusquely the corner and I bruised myself against my madness."
— Anaïs Nin

───※ ·❆· ※───

SASORI

Never did Sasori think that the moment he knocked on the door, he'd be met with multiple shards of ice pointed at him from every direction and a head-cleaver dangerously situated near his carotid artery on the left side of his neck whilst a clone placed a sharp kunai on the other side of a very unfortunate Hidan.

The former Jashinist, unfazed by the current situation, yawned tiredly.

"Well... this is a bit of a sticky situation. You better watch where you're heading that thing." Hidan grinned. "Get it?" Zabuza gave him an unamused glare.

"You know..." Hidan sent Sasori a sly glance. "From a far away distance, you'd kinda look like a hedgehog, you know, cause of the needles."

"Can't we just get rid of them already?" Zabuza growled, an inch away from closing the gap and having blood spurt on his face. Sasori doubted that anyone would want to have Hidan blood on them.

"No!" Hide exclaimed in protest, his green eyes wide and doe-like. Sasori looked away, trying to ignore how similar he looked to his mother. "They're good people! They helped me escape from the Old man!"

Haku, the lone survivor of the Yuki Clan, wore casual attire consisting of a dark blue tunic with his Clan's crest on his chest, brown pants and his hair tied up. Sasori had never seen anyone from that particular Clan before, but he did recall seeing his face on the bingo book a page away from Zabuza Momochi's criminal profile. What differed from then was that they were both no longer sporting the cold eyes of a killer, but rather two people who were trying to live their lives peacefully. The red-head felt guilty for intruding on the family they had built, but the opportunity in meeting someone else like him was too good to pass up.

Haku gave somewhat of a reassuring smile to the young boy, crouching down to his level. "How about you go inside and play with Miyu? We promise to not hurt them?"

Hide gnawed on his bottom lip, looking reluctant as he shot Sasori a worried glance, before scurrying indoors. The red-head gritted his jaw, he didn't deserve his concern or his worry. If Haku were to kill him now, he'd hold nothing against him or all the other people who wanted to see him dead to satisfy their need for vengeance. Alas, the puppeteer knew that he couldn't die yet when his assistance was needed.

"You have ten seconds to change my mind about separating your head from your neck. Though I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be a problem for you since you'd still continue to be a nuisance." Zabuza growled warningly.

The red-head studied his aggressive behaviour, which was understandable. He had family behind those doors he was guarding and as far as the former-rogue nin knew, Sasori and his idiotic partner were major threats.

Hidan frowned. "That's not fucking nice at all."

"Five seconds."

"Well shit then."

"Fate Wheel." Sasori intervened quickly, knowing the name would ring a bell. Haku stiffened, warily glancing at Zabuza. "We know what you are. We're the same as you."