𝟑𝟏| Reconcile

"I'm a success today because I had a friend who believed in me and I didn't have the heart to let him down."
– Abraham Lincoln

───※ ·❆· ※───

NARUTO

Everyone knew about the large-scale attack that happened on the night Naruto was born.

His mother was heavily pregnant at nine months and due to the instability on the seal withholding the tailed-beast within her, she had to be transported to a much securer location where his father was able to keep an eye on the seal as she gave birth. And when the time eventually arrived, that was when things went down the hill. All the Anbu that had been present were ruthlessly slaughtered by a masked individual, the age or gender was unknown, but the intent was very clear. They had wanted to destroy the Hidden Leaf Village.

Even if Naruto couldn't remember things well, he had taken this particular story to heart and memorised each word of it. And the more he went over it, the more it seemed unusual to him. Strange even.

Shortly after the masked figure appeared, they had taken Naruto hostage threatening his life as well. The thought itself sent shivers down his spine, if things hadn't gone the way they went he wouldn't have been alive till this day. And all he had to thank was the kindness of a mysterious stranger who arrived on scene, seemingly appearing out of thin air as the nine-tailed fox was released from his mother. The day was written as a disastrous night, where houses were destroyed and people killed from the debris and the wrath of the vengeful fox filled with hatred for human life. The very fox that was restrained by a single person and sealed within the vessel of his own body. Naruto was unaware on whether or not he should feel grateful or hold a grudge towards the person who used him as a containment to a monster that his classmates had claimed him to be.

Was it selfish of him to feel this way even though he was the only suitable, Uzumaki whose chakra was able to withstand the pressure of an evil entity that, once released again, would ravage through everyone one by one till it was satisfied by it's mass destruction?

Luckily, due to her Uzumaki blood his mother was able to survive the extraction and it wasn't long before the Village as well as it's people began recovering from the fateful night. Whilst others claimed it as a miracle, Naruto knew better. He believed everything happened for a reason, but what exactly was that reason?

Fate was an interesting thing.

It was fate that he was made the Jinchuriki of the nine-tailed fox. It was fate his parents survived. It was fate that had granted him a chance of being an older brother to his unborn sister. It was fate that he was put on a team of individuals who he cared deeply about. He had always held a personal vendetta against Sasuke, he was everything he couldn't be but there was no way he'd let himself be overestimated by the likes of him. That very rivalry sparked a friendship between them, one that was indestructible. Sakura was someone Naruto was always admiring from afar, as much of a knucklehead he was, he wasn't stupid enough to not realise that she had her eyes set on someone who would never return her affections. An unrequited admiration.

Dawn on the other hand, many would agree, was a mystery in itself. Naruto had never interacted with her during their Academy days. She, like him, didn't have many friends because she was different from everyone else. And people tend to hate on those they see different to them. Which was why he couldn't really bring himself to hate anyone for resenting something they couldn't quite understand. People acted out of fear. Likewise, the very fear within him made him act on impulse: to fear the being within him, it was what made him human. If fear didn't exist, nor does the string of emotions attached to it.