𝟑𝟔| Sins

"Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it."
—J.K. Rowling

───※ ·❆· ※───

SASORI

Sasori screamed out in pain.

He could feel it. Crawling all over his skin. The sound of his heart beating against his chest. The overproduction of sweat building up in his glands and a sharp pain travelling from his toes until it reached his head.

Death came in the form of blithering flames fluctuating in every crevice of his bone and skin, even if he was carved out of prosthetic wood it felt as though his real flesh felt the heat of the sun itself. Sasori felt his neck twist in a circular motion as his body connected with the soil ground, his bones bending at an awkward angle. As he gasped for air he could feel his crushed ribs squish and quench and tear into hundred of tiny, little pieces.

Ashes and smoke, ashes and smoke.

Was all he could see, his vision was blurred from his pained tears begging for his life to finally finish. But it never did, all he felt was the flames of the explosion cradle him in it's burning arms and squeezing his body until the delicacy of his skin and bones crushed into pieces of the little pieces that had already been disintegrated.

Tears and blood, tears and blood.

It was oozing out of his body, he looked like a rotting corpse, unrecognisable as his skin melted away and his red flesh continued to blister and release puss. He cried out in paid, pleading over and over and over again for an end to his misery, he pled for forgiveness, for all his sins and misdeeds. Sasori felt his eyes roll back, the taste of metallic blood clogging his throat as he choked, his bones protruding through his organs and yet he wouldn't die. All he felt was the continuous sensation of his throat choking, neck cracking, tears falling, bones twisting, his skin burning and burning and burning-

And burning and burning and burning-

Sasori shot up wide awake.

He panted heavily, his body shaking for a few moments before he fell limp and collapsed to the ground. Streaks of his red hair stuck onto his skin due to the thick layer of sweat. He could still feel it, the heat of the flames, the fire enveloping his skin, the feeling of not being able to scream due to the blood building up in his throat, his bones being dissembled, it was as if a day couldn't pass by without being reminded of the way he died.

That was when he realised that he had to be reminded of his death. He had to be reminded of the way the paper bombs cracked and blew up the ground like landmines, his body being tangled up in the explosion as he was buried by the soil of the Earth. He had to be reminded that whatever he went through, was because he deserved it. He deserved every moment of that scorching death, because nor could vividly dreaming about the way he died bring back the people he had killed in similar, excruciating ways. He had to remember how he felt no ounce of remorse or regret when he killed for selfish reasons.

"Remember." Sasori whispered, digging his nails into his scalp as he turned his body to the side and curled up into a ball. "Remember the pain you felt. Every overwhelming inch of it. Remember their faces. Remember that you will always be the monster that you are. Remember, remember, remember-"