𝟓| Bell Test

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."
– Eleanor Roosevelt

───※ ·❆· ※───

DAWN

The grass plains wavered as the wind blew it's wisps and swayed the current past the long trees. Dawn could tell it was dusk, as the sun was in the process of rising leaving remnants of the darkness that had engulfed it. Her mind was eerily peaceful, when the wind suddenly halted and the sounds of the birds chirping ceased, leaving a hollow fear of loneliness in her chest as her eyes searched the tall grass in desperation.

Any moment.

The feeling in her gut grew deeper. Any moment the beautiful image would shatter into tiny pieces, too minuscule to mould back together because that's how her mind worked. Once all traces of her happiness had been taken away from her, there was no way she could ever get it back. Such an emotion was non-existent.

Happiness was non-existent in her thoughts, because the people who had made her happy were killed...

Killed by her.

"Keiji! Please help me!"

Her face contorted in horror. No, she didn't want to relive that memory. Anything but that.

Dawn placed her hands over her ears, as if it'd block out the sound of her own screams as she watched the field dissipate into a room. A cold, dark room. Built of metal and hopelessness. Blood on the walls, her blood on the walls. Just one glance at it was enough for her to remember the feeling of the blade ripping open her skin mercilessly.

"Please, not that... don't show me that." She whispered.

"Call his name out one more time and he's good as dead." The woman cackled, her voice filled with vile and malice. Her hands held all sorts of torture devices as though they were paint brushes and she the canvas. "No one's going to save you. Sure, you can escape. But no one can save you from your mind, little bird."

Her laugh itself was a torturous wail, a siren luring it's victim to it's demise. And like a siren she began to sing her favourite tune. "Ring a ring o' roses."

The woman picked up a knife and twirled it around her finger. Dawn watched her former self struggle against the restraints of the chair, whimpers escaping her cracked lips.

"A pocket full of posies."

Dragging the blade across her skin, did the woman slide the sharp edge across her bony rib-cage and towards the naval of her stomach. The blood overflowed from the wound like a gushing waterfall.

"A-tishoo, a-tishoo."

Dawn squeezed her eyes closed, drowning in the sounds of her own screams that echoed down the halls. A shiver travelled down her spine as though she could feel the coldness of the metal on her skin and reopening the scars.

"We all fall down."

Her eyes flew open, squinting as she readjusted to the outdoor scenery of Konoha's training ground where she rested against the trunk of a tree waiting for her Sensei to arrive. She was careless to fall asleep especially when she was in the presence of her teammates, there was no way she'd risk having others- especially them- knowing of her secrets, it would only be a burden.