𝟕𝟒| Heal

"What was closure if not a clock? Not an end as everyone imagined, but a beginning."
— Celeste Chaney

───※ ·❆· ※───

DAWN

"Sahiro." Sora tugged on the sleeve of her brother's white tunic.

It was one of the normal days in their Village where the storm hasn't breached the borders nor has it rained in a while. She was playing by herself in the garden of flowers outside their house waiting for Sahiro to come home, after all it wasn't like she had anyone else to play with other than her brother. Though, his visits were becoming less and less frequent ever since he started his training, but she wasn't one to complain. She knew that he was busy and she didn't want to distract him in anyway.

He paused, brushing his blond fringe away from his eyes and smiled down at her. "Yeah, what's wrong princess?"

She released her grip and showed Sahiro the bundle of purple flowers in her hand. "What are these called?"

Sahiro blinked and crouched down in front of Sora, taking the flowers in his hands. He then smiled.

"These are Wisteria, the most common flower on this summit that grows everywhere, even on the trees and rocks." He twirled the flower around.

"Wishteria." Sora repeated, scrunching her eyebrows together. "Is that how you say it?"

"Wisteria." Sahiro corrected, chuckling. He stood up and lifted Sora, balancing her on his waist. "Want to know more?"

She nodded eagerly, wrapping her arms around his neck. "Yes!"

"Well..." He smiled, placing his arm around her and continued to walk down the pebbled pathway that led to their home. "Wisteria isn't actually a flower that belongs to this Earth according to the stories I've read, they're actually from an oasis called the 'Promised Land' which is why its properties are unlike any other flower in this world, it's known for its protection and its aura of comfort."

"The Promised Land?" Sora mumbled in awe.

Sahiro looked down at Sora. "But don't tell anyone I told you that. I'm not meant to know myself, but I snooped around the temple's archives. Promise me, okay?"

Sora grinned mischievously. "Hm... that depends. What do I get in return?"

Sahiro blinked in disbelief. "Seriously?" He deadpanned.

She stared at him blankly.

"Fine." He sighed. "What do you want?"

Her smile suddenly disappeared, turning to desperation. "You can't shout at those kids, okay?" She whispered.

His expression changed in an instant. "What? Why?"

She glanced away and twiddled with her fingers. Their laughter, their stares, their words, it all replayed in her mind on repeat but she couldn't find it in herself to resent them. Sora didn't want to hate them, to hate meant that she wanted something bad to happen to them and she would never will bad upon others. She couldn't find it in her heart.