Chapter 6: Keeping the Peace

Chapter 6:

Keeping the Peace

▲▽▲△▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲

▲▽▲△▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲

"Liam?" Scott stared at his beta who had passed out on the road after having seen both Lori and Brett's dead body on the ground

"Liam?" Scott stared at his beta who had passed out on the road after having seen both Lori and Brett's dead body on the ground. Now he was driving him to Imogen's house in her car that she had left back at the school. Thankfully, she had given him a spare key in case of an emergency.

The beta eyes stared blankly out the side of the road, "Yeah?"

"I know you think what you saw was real but you have to trust me when I tell you that it wasn't."

He glanced at his alpha, confusion and sadness in his gaze. "What are you talking about?" All he could think about was how Brett and Lori were dead. He should have been faster.

Scott parked the car outside his girlfriends home, "Come on. You'll see." He got out of the car and locked the car when he heard Liam's footsteps behind him. He opened the front door, finding Lori sitting on the couch with an anxious expression. He could hear his girlfriend upstairs with his brother.

Liam stared wide eyed at the girl he believed dead. Except she was sitting there in front of him. He just stared at her in shock and could faintly hear the rest of the pack arriving as he just stayed there frozen.

"They told me to wait here." Lori said, still shaken by tonight's events. She flinched hearing her brother's pained whimpers upstairs. Imogen had assured her that her and Omar would do everything they could to save her brother.

Scott glanced at the stairs, "They'll save him." He said gently. He nodded at the girls who had arrived and they nodded back. Lydia and Allison helped Lori clean up before they all sat down and waited for any news on Brett. While Malia curled up against Isaac on the couch, Liam paced back and forth with an anxious expression on his face. Lori nervously chewed on her nails, it was a hard habit to break and her brother would scold her for it if he knew she was doing it.