Chapter 6: Bestiary

Chapter 6:

The buzzing from his phone caused him to reluctantly pull away from his girlfriend who was under him with flushed cheeks. "Sorry." He mumbled apologetically as he checked his phone and saw the message from Stiles.

Imogen sat up, staring at him in concern. "What's wrong?" She asked, taking notice of the worried expression on his face.

"Stiles saw lizard creature at the mechanics. He needs me to pick him up." Scott said, slipping on his jacket. She got up from her bed and began to put on her shoes. "What are you doing?"

She grabbed her bag and sent him a look. "I'm going with you, duh." She walked out of her room, leaving him staring at her dumbfounded before shaking his head slightly as he lightly grinned and followed after her.

▷▷▷

Stiles approached his best friends car, he got into the back seat when he saw Imogen in the passenger's seat. The couple turned in their seat to look at him. "You okay?" Scott asked him with concern.

"Yeah." The human boy nodded, still a bit shaken up from what happened. "You were right. It's not like you. I mean, its eyes were almost like, reptilian." He paused. "But there was something about them."

Imogen furrowed her brows as Scott asked him, "What do you mean?"

"You know when you see, like, a friend in a Halloween mask, but all you can actually see are their eyes and you feel like you know 'em but you just can't figure out who it is?"

"Are you saying you know who it is?" The witch asked him, understanding what he meant by the mask.

He sighed, shaking his head. "No, but I think it knew me."

It left to wonder just who it could possibly be.

▷▷▷

"Tell me about your boss." Stiles looked at his best friend as they sat on the bottom of the stairs in the school corridor.

Scott sighed, recalling Deaton's words. "He thinks that Allison's family keeps some kind of, uh, records of all the things that they've hunted. Like a book."

He nodded. "He probably means a bestiary."

The werewolf furrowed his brows. "What?"

"A bestiary." He repeated.