Chapter 5: The Rules

Chapter 5:

The Rules

▲▽▲△▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲△▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲

The three girls burst into the sheriff's station after rushing to get there before Tracy

The three girls burst into the sheriff's station after rushing to get there before Tracy. "Mom, she's coming." Lydia warmed her mother, "Tracy's coming for you."

"What?" Lydia's mother looked confused, "What do you mean for me?"

They all looked up when they heard the hissing. Imogen swallowed thickly, realizing that Scott was right. Tracy really was a Kanima. And they had also gotten here late. The other deputies were out cold or paralyzed on the ground.

Tracy didn't waste a second in attacking them, her target being Lydia's mother. The sheriff tried shooting at her but was scratched and paralyzed. Kira whipped out her sword allowing Imogen a chance to move the sheriff out of the way.

The hybrid turned her attention to Lydia's mom and started a protection spell on her but was cut off by Tracy who swiped in her direction. Only Imogen dodged and Tracy hit Lydia instead. Imogen angrily shoved Tracy towards Kira who cut off the girls tail.

Imogen rushed to Lydia's side, pulling her into the office hoping that Kira might be able to stop Tracy on her own.

"It's okay." Lydia said shakily, blood coming out of her side as she lay paralyzed in the ground. She was more worried about her mom.

Imogen kept pressure on the wound, "I can't leave you like this, you'll bleed out." She whispered a spell under her breath, causing the wound to stop bleeding. She couldn't create a tourniquet because she didn't have anything to tie around Lydia's waist.

Her eyes flickered up to Malia who was running by them, she focused on her hearing and could hear Kira and Tracy fighting downstairs. She realized that Lydia's mom had been taken downstairs by Tracy.

As much as she wanted to go downstairs to help, the spell used on Lydia was only working because she had her hand on the wound still.

She looked up when she caught her boyfriends scent. Her eyes flickered to Theo who was standing next to him and saw the belt he was wearing. "Give me your belt. If I let her go she'll keep bleeding again."