Chapter 1: Awkward

"I already said this to Allison when I saw her yesterday but, I'm really loving your new hairstyle, Imogen

"I already said this to Allison when I saw her yesterday but, I'm really loving your new hairstyle, Imogen." Lydia commented, her eyes flickering to the witch beside her.

Imogen glanced at the strawberry blonde who was driving and smiled. "Thanks, Lydia." She had gotten her hair lightened with blonde highlights a few days ago while she was in New York with Grace as a small gift for focusing on her training all summer.

"So, any news on your beloved teen wolf?" The genius of their group asked a bit bluntly.

Allison sat up in her seat when she noticed Imogen tensing at the mention of her ex. "Lydia." She hissed under breath.

"You don't have to say anything, Imogen." Lia assured her friend, her brown eyes filled with concern. "Even if Lydia isn't the only one that's curious." She muttered.

The huntress narrowed her eyes. "Guys." She huffed.

The four of them really hadn't gotten the chance to hang out after school ended. She had gone off to France, Imogen was focusing on controlling her magic, Lydia was distracting herself from Jackson, and Lia had gone to New Orleans for a better part of the summer.

"It's okay, Allison." Imogen said, her blue eyes focused on the trees they were passing before turning her head to look over at them and Lydia. "I really don't know what he's doing or what he's done over the summer. We decided that it was better to not text or talk over the summer in order to let the other focus."

The strawberry blondes brow perked up curiously as she hummed. "Really?" She wasn't sure she believed her.

The witch could see the disbelief on her face. "I'm sure. I mean, it wasn't like I'm trying to cut him out of my life but, not seeing him made it easier to focus on myself. When I first moved here we pretty much jumped into a relationship which I can't say was a bad thing but, it also didn't give us much time to really balance everything else in our lives. He was letting his grades slip and let's face it, I wasn't the best when it came to using my magic. I was only a novice and I'm not saying that I'm pro at it or anything now but, I definitely have better control over it." She explained, she hadn't let her whole world end because her relationship ended. She got through it and got stronger because of it.

"Well I'm happy for you." Allison beamed, relieved to see that Imogen was doing better. From the few video calls they shared, she hadn't been too sure on what Imogen was feeling.

Imogen smiled at them only to have her expression drop when Lydia spoke up once more. "So no phone calls or texts? Did you even have a rebound or even date anybody over the summer?" She persisted.

The witch exhaled. "I broke up with Scott for a reason and besides even if we're not together, I'm not exactly up to dating anyone else." She said, her eyes flickering back to the road.

Lydia sighed. "What about you, Allison? Meet any hot guys in France?"

The short haired brunette blushed. "I mean, there was a few guys but it was nothing serious." She revealed.