Chapter 18: Matt

Scott moved out of the way when two giggling drunks passed by him as he stepped into the Martin household searching for his girlfriend in hopes of talking. He turned the corner and looked up, he felt his heart drop at the sight.

Imogen was lying on the window seat at the top of the stairs landing with Isaac on top of her, kissing her with a fevernt passion. Her hands were running through the beta's curly hair while Isaac ran his hands down her body.

Scott's lips parted in shock and heart ache seeing how much she seemed to be enjoyed kissing Isaac. But what really hurt him was when she turned her head and looked at him with a smirk on her lips that quickly turned into a gasp when Isaac began kissing her neck.

The beta lifted his head away from the witch's neck to grin at him with a smug look in his blue eyes that quickly glowed.

He could feel his breathing get heavier and his claws begin to come out at the sight in front of him. The sound of partying behind him reminded him that he couldn't wolf out here and shut his eyes in hopes of calming himself. But he also felt weird. He reopened his eyes and looked back up at the top of the stairs only to see both Imogen and Isaac were gone.

He quickly realized that what he saw was just a hallucination and let out a shaky breath of relief to know that it wasn't real. He had to find his girlfriend and fix things before what he saw could become a reality.

▷▷▷

Her whole body felt tingly and uncomfortable. She glanced at Lia, muttering that she was going to get water to wash down the drink that Lydia had given her. She hadn't really thought it about at the time but there had been something off about how persistent Lydia had been about giving her the pink drink.

Imogen stumbled into the kitchen, grabbing a glass before filling it with water and took a quick gulp.

"Im."

That voice made her feel a chill up her spine and she quickly looked up, her throat tightened. There only five feet away was her mother, Viola Lewis. "Mom?" She choked out, forgetting that her mom had died.

The dark look in the older woman's gaze made her tense up. "It's your fault that I died, you know." Viola spat out causing tears to well up in the young witch's eyes. "If you hadn't been born then I wouldn't have had to go and risk my life for you. It's your fault, Imogen!"

Imogen's bottom lip quivered, tears rolling down her flushed cheeks. "I know." She cried, it was her fault that her mom died. If her mom hadn't gone to talk to Sylvia for her then she would still be alive right now. "I'm sorry, mom."

"Sorry isn't going to bring me back!" Viola yelled angrily, her green eyes filled with hatred.

"I know." She choked out, wiping her tears which made her look down for a second as she did before looking up and finding that her mom was gone.

She let out shaky breath, stunned by what just happened. Her eyes fell on the glass filled with the pink drink that Lydia was serving and walked over to it. She picked it up, seeing a little flower inside and quickly realized that it was wolfsbane.

Quickly making her way outside in time to hear the sirens, she felt her arm suddenly grabbed by Lia who began leading her outside into the streets. "What are you doing? We have to go back there. I need to find Lydia." She said.

"I know she put wolfsbane in the drinks and as much as we both want to know how or why she did it, there's more pressing matters." Lia told her once they were by Imogen's car.

Imogen furrowed her brows, she was deciding it was better that she try to forget what she had seen in the kitchen. "Which are?" She watched as the blonde held up her phone and showed her a picture of the kanima beside Matt as if protecting him. Her lips parted in shock. "He's controlling Jackson." She breathed out, even though was still confused as to why Matt was killing people, she needed to worry about the fact that he was. They had to warn everyone. She pulled out her phone ready to make the call. "We have to tell Scott and Stiles."