Chapter 8: Kitsune

"I feel like every time that things seem even remotely close to being normal, something happens

"I feel like every time that things seem even remotely close to being normal, something happens." Scott said, feeling exhausted from everything as he stood with Imogen on her front porch.

After the demonic ninja had left, Isaac was quick to tell them about how he had been attacked 24 hours earlier. Apparently, Chris Argent had asked him, Allison, and Omar to keep quiet about what they had seen since he wanted to try to find answers first. Scott and Imogen had followed Allison home to see if the older man had found answers but the man known as Silverfinger didn't want to be found. Chris had confessed to fighting those Demonic Ninja years ago when he was his daughters age but he had no idea what they were and it was for that reason that he was trying to get into contact with Silverfinger.

Her lips curved into a small smile and her blue eyes softening at his expression. "At least we had some fun." She mused, placing a hand on his cheek that still had paint on it.

"True." He muttered, his hand going to her waist. His brown eyes shined with concern. "You sure you don't want me to stay with you?"

"I'll be fine." She assured him gently. "Grace set up a protection spell during the summer anyway so we should be fine and Deaton lined your house with mountain ash as well so I know that you'll be okay. Besides, I'm sure that those things only come out at night."

His eyes still glinted in concern. "That might be true but..."

"Scott, school starts in a few hours so I'll see you then." She told him, as much as she loved his concern for her wellbeing, she was sure that the protection spell would be enough to keep them away. She rubbed his cheek softly. "You should go home and get some sleep."

He reluctantly conceded. "Alright, but I'm picking you up from school."

"Sorry, but Lydia already said she wanted us to drive to school. I think she's still freaked out by what happened to her." She recalled the look of fear on her face when she recounted how the sword wielding ninjas had stolen her voice to keep her from screaming before marking her.

"Okay, okay. I guess I'll meet you school." He sighed, looking disappointed.

She chuckled at his expression and pulled him down so she could press her lips to his. He quickly kissed her back, pulling her against him to deepen the kiss.

.

▷▷▷

.

"What are you doing?"

Grace let out a sharp yelp, spinning around to see Omar standing there giving her a suspicious look. She gave him a chiding look. "Don't do that." Catching his unamused look, she shook her head looking back at the grimoire in front of her. "I was just looking for a spell." She said idly.