Chapter 6: Study Date?

|Chapter 6|

Scott walked over to his girlfriend who seemed to be pouting as she stared at the claw machine with a cute glare on her face. He held back a chuckle. He decided to ignore his conversation with Jackson earlier and focus on trying to make this date a little better.

"What's wrong?" He asked in amusement.

"I tried to get something from the claw machine but every time it picks it up, it ends up dropping it." She explained, glaring at the machine. It was definitely annoying how it didn't keep a grip on any of the stuffed animals.

He chuckled. "How about I try?"

"Well good luck." She muttered, watching as he put in his money and began trying to get a stuffed animal and just like with her, it ended up falling. "Told you. It's definitely a rip off. We should just go." She didn't want him to waste his money especially since it was an obvious scheme to make more money.

"No, it's fine. I'll just try one more time." He paused, glancing at his girlfriend. He wanted to at least end this date on a good note especially since the whole bowling thing wasn't that fun with the tension in the air. "Is there a particular stuffed animal you want?"

"If you say so." She muttered and looked at the different animals, the one in the corner caught her eye. "How about that wolf? It seems easy and it looks cute." She said, not taking notice of his flinch at the mention of a wolf.

He was relieved to see that she hadn't notice his flinch as he put in his money. He pursed his lips as he moved the knob and once the claw was hanging over the wolf, he pushed the button and the claw lowered itself and grabbed the wolf. Before he knew it, the wolf went through the shoot.

"I did it." He said in surprise.

"You did." Imogen was a bit stunned that the wolf made it.

Scott handed her the plush wolf. "Here."

She beamed at him as she took the wolf

She beamed at him as she took the wolf. "Thanks." She pecked him on the cheek and he smiled at her with a faint blush on his cheeks.

▷▷▷

The two stood at her front door, Imogen hugged the wolf to her chest as she smiled at her boyfriend with a soft look. "I had fun tonight, but..." She paused. "I'd rather it just be us two next time." She confessed.

"I could totally handle more of that." Scott said honestly. He just wanted to be with her without interruptions. She seemed to be the only one to keep him calm.

"Great." She kissed him before pulling away and sending one final smile before heading to open her front door.

"Imogen?" He breathed out her name, she turned to look at him and he gently grabbed her wrist and tugged her towards him before kissing her fully on the lips.