Chapter 4: Taking A Chance

|Chapter 4|

Scott couldn't help but feel like the universe hated him. He just found out that Allison— the other new girl— her father was the hunter who shot him with an arrow. Not only did that happen but Derek threatened him to not play on Saturday because he'd end up revealing that he was a werewolf and that he could possibly end up killing someone. He didn't really like the idea of killing someone especially since most of the time the victim is always Stiles. And he really didn't want to kill Stiles, he was just always there whenever his wolf side took over.

But on the bright side Imogen forgave him and now he had a second chance to make it up to her.

The beeping coming from his phone, momentarily startled him and he looked down to see a message from his mom. She was coming to his game tomorrow. He sighed.

"Hey, Scott."

He glanced up, feeling his lips forming into a grin when he saw Imogen walking down the steps towards him with a smile on her own face

He glanced up, feeling his lips forming into a grin when he saw Imogen walking down the steps towards him with a smile on her own face. "Hey." He greeted her, feeling his heart fluttering in his chest.

Her blue eyes flickered down to his phone seeing he was messaging someone."Are you busy?" She hoped she wasn't interrupting something.

Scott blinked and began shaking his head. "No, no, it's just, uh, my mom, she's nothing." He blurted out and saw the weird look on her face, realizing how bad that sounded. "I mean, it's nothing. Uh, I'm never busy for you." He stammered.

She laughed softly, finding it amusing how horrified he look for a second there. "It's okay, Scott. I have to get to Spanish Class, but I wanted you to know that I'm coming to see you play tomorrow." She informed him.

"You are?" His tone surprised.

She hummed. "And we're all going out afterwards. You, me, Allison, Lydia, and Jackson. It's gonna be great. You should tell Stiles to come too." She added, knowing that it might make Scott more comfortable to have his best friend join them. "Oh and save me a seat at lunch. I gotta go." She gave him a last smile before rushing off towards class.

Scott watched her go and found himself even more conflicted about playing tomorrow. This was just getting worse. "God." He groaned.

▷▷▷

Imogen tried to not show her annoyance as Lydia introduced her and Allison to another lacrosse player. She had caught onto the strawberry blonde's little ploy when she kept mentioning that Imogen wasn't in a relationship with anyone. She thought that maybe it had something to do with Scott ramming into Jackson and hurting his shoulder and this was just Lydia's way of getting under Scott's skin or she was just trying to set her up.

"Oh, so how do you like it?" The lacrosse player asked them

Although the strawberry blonde was right in a way.... She wasn't in a relationship. Not really. She was waiting for Scott to make the first move since she was a little hesistant.