Chapter 6: A Way Out

Chapter 6:

A Way Out

▲▽▲△▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽

▲▽▲△▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽

After watching them leave, she thought about the sharp pain she felt

After watching them leave, she thought about the sharp pain she felt. The only time she felt pain was whenever Scott was hurt. She had been trying so hard to not think about him or how the last time she had seen him, he had looked at her like she was a stranger.

She looked at her promise ring, only to do a double take when she saw it wasn't on her finger. She was hit with fear that she somehow lost it. The ring was the last gift she got from Scott that she had with her. She had taken off the bracelet he gave her in sophomore year as the clasp had broken during a spar session with Malia about a week before school started. She had been meaning to get it fixed but just hadn't found the time.

The promise ring Scott gave her was rose gold with their initials inside. After the senior scribe, he insisted on getting the ring engraved for her. It had been the only time she had parted with the ring. She rarely took it off unless she was gardening and didn't want to get it dirty. She got up from the bench and started to retrace her steps.

The fear that she lost the ring grew the longer she spent searching for it.  

She grew irritated as the voice on the intercom kept talking every few minutes. Only, she stopped walking and remembered she was in a nonexistent train station.

Imogen looked up, her eyes following the wires that led to a door that she figured must be where the voice was coming from. Deciding to check it out, she started walking towards the door but stopped when she saw Peter walking out of the tunnel. He looked at her and looked like he wanted to say something but instead shook his head and walked away.

She frowned, looking back at the tunnel where Stiles walked out not long after. He caught sight of her and pulled her to the side. "What happened to that guy?"

"He's dead."

She looked caught off guard, "What?"

He let out a shaky breath, "He showed us where the ghost riders are coming out from. He told us that all we needed to do was jump on the back of the horse and that we'd make it out. I tried to stop him but Peter stopped me and Trent died. It was like whatever portal they go through, it's impossible for humans to get through. It was like he was incinerated."