Chapter 19: Letting Go

Chapter 19:

Letting Go

▲▽▲△▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲

▲▽▲△▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲

When they arrived, they found Derek, Peter, and Isaac there. "Why haven't you tried to stop him?" Stiles demanded, as his brown eyes took in the sight of his best friend holding a woman down on the pavement with his claws on her throat. He almost threw up when he saw the gashes and ripped flesh she had.

"He'll rip out her throat if we get closer." Derek muttered, his eyes on the young man he had grown to care for over the years and was worried he might do something that will change him.

Imogen stared at the love of her life, growling at the woman beneath him who was struggling to get away from him. Even though she was hurt, she still tried to fight. It would be so easy for Imogen to let him kill Monroe. He would be doing the one thing she wished she had done back in the tunnels. It would've changed a lot of things if she had.

Omar looked like he was going to use magic to stop Scott and she waved her hand, stopping his flow of magic completely and putting up a barrier with ease. "What are you doing?" He hissed, trying to go after her but was blocked. He was shocked that she was able to perform magic this swiftly. The barrier also kept them from seeing inside so they didn't know what was happening.

"Let her handle it." Peter said, wishing he could see what was going on.

He shook his head, "She's going to let him kill her."

"Do you really think she'd do that to Scott?" He retorted, "That's not who she is." Omar clenched his fists but stayed silent.

Inside the barrier, Imogen crouched down beside Scott who gripped Monroe's throat tighter. "Do it. Kill her." She noticed his hand twitch and she smiled bitterly. "At least that's what I wish I could say. Killing her won't change anything. I've been going through all the stages of grief since that night." She made a face. "Although, I might have gotten the order mixed up. You would think that I have this whole grieving thing down considering how much I've been doing it."

His hand remained on her throat. 'I'm just so angry.'

She heard him say through their bond. "I know the feeling. You think killing her is going to appease the pain, but it won't. Maybe for a brief moment you'll feel like everything is better but over time... you'll just be reminded of what you did lose. I killed Sylvia and I still lost." She swallowed. "Don't kill her. Because she'll be taking a part of you that you won't ever get back."

'I don't care if I lose my alpha status.'

"But I care." She confessed softly, "Not about you being an alpha, but if you kill her, you're going to be losing a part of yourself that you won't ever get back. Besides, her death won't bring back our baby or Deucalion. We can still punish her another way." She showed him through their bond of what she had in store for Monroe and he was appeased by what he saw.