Chapter 21: Mother

Chapter 21:

Mother

▲▽▲△▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲△▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲

She gasped at her surroundings and how familiar it was

She gasped at her surroundings and how familiar it was. Everything seemed almost brighter and the air was lighter. She knew this house that she stood in front of. It had been broken and old when she saw it last. She frowned. "This is..."

"You shouldn't be here."

She gasped. That voice.

Her eyes watered as she spun around to see her mother standing there. Her beautiful dead mother. "Mom?" She whispered, her legs subsciously moving while her mind was slowly registering that the woman standing there was her mother. "It's you."

Viola previous expression softened at the sight of her daughter and wasted no second in pulling her into a hug. She pulled back to cup her face. "Look at you. You're so beautiful, Immy."

Her nose wrinkled at that nickname. She had almost forgotten that her mother used to call her that. It was why she preferred that Jackson didn't call her that. The reminder of her mother had always been a painful one. Her eyes glistened with tears as she stared at her mother's green eyes. "I missed you."

"I know. I missed you, too." The older woman admitted before pulling back, remembering her previous statement. "You aren't supposed to be here. You shouldn't be. You're still too young."

Imogen frowned. "I had to. Sylvia needed to die for everything that she did. She killed you. She killed Grace."

"I know, but you shouldn't have had to make such a decision like that." Viola said gently, staring at her daughter who was no longer a child. It saddened her to know that she missed out on so much. "You were supposed to grow old and have lived your life to the fullest. You were supposed to fall in love and make amazing friends and be happy."

"I was. I mean, I have fallen in love and I do have amazing friends who I would do anything for." She confessed softly, looking at her mother tearfully. "I was happy, but I couldn't let Sylvia kill anyone else. She's already hurt too many people. I made a choice and I don't regret it." She swallowed back her tears, hoping that her friends and Scott would be okay. "Can we talk about something else? I haven't seen you since I was four and I hate that I didn't get to have you around growing up. I mean, I love Uncle Ben but he definitely wasn't much help when I went through puberty."