Chapter 9: Hope

"I did as you asked." Lia said over the phone, sitting on the floor of the motel room as she stared at the candles around her. "The werewolves should already be feeling the side effects about now."

"That's good. It'll keep them distracted and give Jennifer the chance to enchant Derek without any distractions." Sylvia voiced on the other side of the line.

The blonde frowned, raising the flame with her hand and lowering it. "Why are you even helping that woman anyway? She has nothing against Imogen."

The older woman scoffed. "I don't have to explain myself to you but, if you're really curious..." She trailed, clearing her throat. "I don't need the Darach. I just need her to gather up all her sacrifices which include guardians which means that eventually she's going to go after parents. I may have suggest a few offers for her to sacrifice."

Lia tensed. "You mean...."

Sylvia smirked darkly, thinking of how much the sacrifices would eventually end up affecting her niece. "Yes, and it'll just bring about even more chaos at the end of it." It was just one step closer to her getting what she wanted.

.

▷▷▷

.

The frustration was growing steadily the longer she spent searching for her ex-boyfriend. Imogen had checked around the building thinking he might have just gone out for some air and checked their rooms, but he was nowhere to be found.

It worried her the longer she spent searching for him and it wasn't like she could use a spell to find him. She found herself by the broken vending machine that Stiles and Allison mention earlier. She tried to think of some spell that could help. She had to think of something. There wasn't a guide to the motel that she could use and it wasn't like Scott could leave the area without a car. Unless he left by foot but that didn't seem right to her.

There was a spell that came to mind but she hadn't really had time to practice it. But, it was the only spell she could think of. Her eyes flickered to the bracelet on her wrist and quickly pulled it off, holding it her palm. She began chanting under her breath, shutting her eyes as she started to steady her breathing and her brows furrowed slightly in concentration.

It hit her like a train. The onslaught of emotions that were mixed with self hatred, despair, sorrow and many more feelings that made her heart feel like it was going to crack into a million pieces. This was everything that Scott was feeling but the question was why and for how long had he felt like this? Was this because of the darach or was this how he truly felt?

She tried to ignore the feelings as best she could while letting herself see what he was seeing. She could see through his eyes as he picked up a tank of gasoline. Why was he grabbing gasoline?

She found herself back in her own body, trying to calm her very fast beating heart at what she saw after. He had poured gasoline over himself. Everything he had been feeling was too much for even him and now he was going to...

Choking back a sob that threatened to escape her lips, she rushed from her spot to search for him and stop him. Just as she turned the corner she nearly bumped into Stiles who looked worried at the sight of her pale expression.

"Where's Scott?" He asked, having believed that she would have found him by now. The girls behind him gasped, seeing something behind them.

Imogen turned her head and Stiles followed her lead, the pair feeling as though they were punch through the stomach when they saw Scott. There he was, drenched in gasoline just like she had seen.