Chapter 11: Whispers

Chapter 11:

Imogen couldn't help sigh in relief as she got out of the car

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

Imogen couldn't help sigh in relief as she got out of the car. She could finally feel her legs and gave Allison a pitying look knowing that they were both cramped into the back barely able to fit.

Her blue eyes flickered towards the school and saw the doors were open, showing that both Scott and Stiles had broken into the school.

"What're they doing here anyway?" Jackson asked, standing outside the car with her as he glanced over at the school with a frown.

Imogen pursed her lips and shook her head. "I don't know. The message he sent only said to come to the school. Why? I can't exactly tell you that." She said, giving him a look.

"They lock the doors at night, you know?" Lydia chimed in.

"Well that one's open." Imogen pointed to the unlocked doors as she and Jackson walked towards the steps.

Jackson sent her a look. "You don't need me to state the obvious, right?"

"That it looks like they broke into the school?" She retorted, wondering why her boyfriend would break into the school in the first place. "No, pretty obvious."

He shifted. "Do you want me to come with you?" He asked hesitantly.

"I'll be fine but thanks." She said softly and began to head towards to the school.

"Hey, Imogen -"

She paused mid step and looked back at him. She took in the expression on his face and she held back a smile. "You have this look like you're about to say Be Careful."

Jackson looked defensive now. "I am." He saw her holding back a smile and narrowed his eyes at her. "What?"

"Just the concerned expression on your face." She pointed out, giving him a friendly smile. "It's one I've never seen before."

"Well, I'm concerned." He muttered in a defensive tone, handing her the flashlight he had.

"Well, that's a good look on you." She was used to seeing always smirking or with a frown that seeing the softer side of him was a bit shocking. "Don't worry. I'll be right back." She said before going towards the school to search for her boyfriend.

Jackson smiled, nodding. "Okay." He watched her go and glanced over at his girlfriend who was glaring at him, he quickly looked away.

▷▷▷

"Scott?" Imogen called out as she walked through the dark, empty halls of the school. She let out a small breath as she found no sight of him. It had only been 10 minutes but still, she would have thought she'd have run into him by now.

She stiffened when she felt a chill up her spin and turned around but found nothing. She gulped, hoping that she'd run into her boyfriend soon. She continued to call out his name but still got not response from him.