Chapter 6: Second Chances Aren't Easy

Chapter 6:

Second Chance Aren't Easy

▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲△▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲

A week passed by since the night at the school and they hadn't managed to track down Kate

A week passed by since the night at the school and they hadn't managed to track down Kate. Not even Imogen could find her. The blonde was obviously smart enough to find some way to cloak herself from witches.

Though finding Kate wasn't the only thing that concerned them, they were also unsure of how to feel about Peter being robbed 117 million dollars. They weren't sure whether to find it amusing or frightening that someone had that much money at their disposal. Especially if that person happened to be Kate.

Imogen was knocked to the ground on her back and quickly stood up to avoid getting hit. "Stop thinking and pay attention." Peter told her sternly as he kept throwing punches and kicks her way.

"Sorry." She muttered, trying to punch him but he was more experienced than her when it came to fighting and was able to move out of the way. They were in the woods sparring together.

"You need to stop apologizing and actually try harder." He was the one throwing the most hits in her direction while she seemed to be mainly on the offensive. "You're mainly dodging and not even trying to hit me. You're the one who asked for my help."

"I know that!" She snapped at him, losing her temper as she swiped at him. "I am trying! You're not exactly giving me a chance to fight back."

She had been the one to call him a few days ago to ask for him to spar with her. He was the only one she knew who wouldn't hold back from actually trying to hurt her or at least that's what she thought.

He seemed to actually hold himself back a few times. It seemed he was trying to not take out his frustrations on her. He had yet to mention that Braeden the mercenary had dropped by last night to tell him and Derek that she would find Kate for a very heavy price.

A price that he couldn't believe his nephew agreed to pay. Although his nephew hadn't been subtle about his lingering gaze on the mercenary. His nephew seemed to have a thing for women with guns. He was obviously going for Paige's opposite.