Chapter 5: Never Normal

The couple shared a laugh as they sat across from each other, they're hands were connected across the table as they chattered away

The couple shared a laugh as they sat across from each other, they're hands were connected across the table as they chattered away. In front of them was a plate of sushi rolls and different appetizers they had tried while waiting for their rolls to come.

"It's okay, if you don't know how to use chopsticks, I can help you." She assured him, watching him try to hold the chopsticks. Suddenly a frown broke out on Scott's face and Imogen furrowed her brows at the sudden change in emotions. "What's wrong? We can always go somewhere else if you don't want to eat sushi."

"No it's not that." He sighed, even if he couldn't figure out how to hold the sticks. "I don't want to ruin this." He said, referring to their date. It was the first time in a while that they were alone.

She gave his hand a soft squeeze. "Scott, if something is bothering you, you can tell me." She said softly.

He pursed his lips, his shoulders slumping slightly. "It's just this whole true alpha thing. I don't really know if I'm cut out for this. I don't even know what I'm doing half the time. I mean, what does it mean to be an alpha? Every alpha we've met has been power hungry and tried to kill all of us." He exhaled. "What if I become like Deucalion or Peter?"

Her blue eyes shined. "You're not going to become like them. You didn't become a true alpha by killing someone. They did. You don't want kill people right?" She asked and he shook his head. "You aren't out seeking revenge or trying to be a dictator, right?" Again he shook his head and she smiled at him. "You're going to make mistakes, Scott but that's the thing, no one is going to know how to be the perfect leader or alpha. I love you but you aren't perfect and neither am I. You're not going to have the answer to everything and that's okay."

"I'm just... scared." He confessed, his eyes glistening. "What if I turn someone or make the wrong choice and someone dies."

"You're not alone." She assured him firmly, squeezing his hand. "You have me and everyone else to help you make these choices. Even if you do end up turning someone, we both know that you'd only ever do it if their lives were in danger."

He sighed. "You're right." He muttered, but they both knew that it would be a while before he would get comfortable with being in such a high position as an alpha. He never asked for it just like he hadn't asked to be a werewolf. But, she was right. He was going to make mistakes but at the end of the day, he was still human.

"Is there anything else I can get you?" The waitress asked, smiling at them, glancing between the two though her eyes lingered on Scott who was oblivious except for Imogen.

The tension from their conversation gone. "We're fine." Imogen said plainly in a blunt tone and the waitress pursed her lips before nodding and walking away. "You really seem to be attracting a lot of girls lately." She muttered, picking up her chopsticks and ate a sushi roll.

Scott couldn't stop the smile tugging at his lips as he stared at her in amusement. "You're cute when your jealous." He mused, enjoying the way her eyes narrowed at him and she huffed.