Chapter 16: The Plan

Chapter 16:

The Plan

▲▽▲△▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲

▲▽▲△▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲

So the plan to save Lydia was pushed to the next day considering The Beast that was going around killing people

So the plan to save Lydia was pushed to the next day considering The Beast that was going around killing people. But the following day they all gather in Scott's kitchen to go over the plan in more detail. 

"There's four steps." Stiles started, glancing at them, "We get into Eichen, we get into the Closed Unit, we get Lydia, get out."

Scott continued for him, "And we have to do it all of this while getting past orderlies, guards, electric door locks, and a Mountain Ash barrier."

"You have a plan for all of that?" Malia asked, she didn't really believe that the plan they had would be completely full proof.

Stiles held up a keycard, "I stole this last night off an orderly. But it's useless 'cause they reset the codes each night."

"So why did you take it?" Kira asked with a furrowed brow. She was a bit doubtful she would be much help since she still had yet to gain control over the fox.

"I'm getting to that."

"The only way to get Lydia out of Eichen is to make that key card work again." The alpha said.

Liam frowned, "How are you going to do that?"

The two best friends seemed to start to feel a bit annoyed by their constant interruptions, "We're getting to that, okay, just listen." Stiles turned the laptop so they could all see the screen, "I pulled all the history off the key card. Two weeks ago, there was a brownout and the security system rebooted. During a reboot, all of the key cards revert back to a default code. So, if we trigger a reboot..."

Isaac nodded, "The card goes back to the default code and it'll work again."

Allison crossed her arms over her chest, "Okay, but how are we going to cause a brownout?"

"That's Kira's part." Imogen looked at the kitsune as she further explained, "You're going to draw power from the main line. But only enough to cause the brownout."