Chapter 17: Saving Lydia

Chapter 17:

Saving Lydia

▲▽▲△▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲△

It was easy for the three girls to get into the building as they pretended to be visitors but the hard part was waiting for an opportunity to slip passed the orderly at the reception desk

It was easy for the three girls to get into the building as they pretended to be visitors but the hard part was waiting for an opportunity to slip passed the orderly at the reception desk. Imogen could make them invisible but the door was closed so they would wind up getting caught if she did that.

Though, they didn't have to wait long as a naked young man rushed by them with a huge grin on his face. Imogen pursed her lips, holding back a laugh as the orderly quickly ran after the naked man. This gave the trio a chance to go into the electrical room.

"Alright Kira, you can do this." Imogen said encouragingly as Malia opened the electrical panel so Kira could grab the wires inside.

Kira glanced at the paper in her hand and back at the various wires inside. "I think it's these. But they're covered in rubber."

Imogen stopped Malia from using the scissors she found on the desk, "Are you crazy? You want to electrocute yourself?"

"I'll heal." Malia said simply.

Kira sighed, "Not if you die."

The werecoyote refused to be deterred as she flicked out her claws and cut the rubber covering the wires, only slightly electrocuting herself, "I didn't die."

Imogen shook her head and checked her phone to see the time, "Four minutes." She glanced at her friend who was eyeing the wires with a nervous look. "Remember what I told you in the classroom? Just relax. If you overthink it, it won't work."

"I'm afraid." Kira confessed, her voice quiet but there was a tremble in her voice. "I'm afraid that I'll lose control again." She started to second guess her decision to leave the skinwalkers as she stared at the wires in front of her.

The hybrid stared at her, noticing the way her heart was racing and the obvious anxiety rolling off  of her. Her eyes flickered to Malia who showed her the time and they had ten seconds left. She really didn't know what else to say to Kira.