Chapter 15: Oak Creek

The young witch let out a groan, her eyes fluttered open, slowly taking in her surroundings

The young witch let out a groan, her eyes fluttered open, slowly taking in her surroundings. Imogen found herself on the hard floor and sluggishly sat up, looking around and seeing that they were in a dark area with pipes running along the walls. She could faintly hear water dripping and looked around for Void but instead found her best friend lying on the floor only a few feet away from her, still unconscious.

She stood up and tried to approach her but ended up walking into in an invisible wall. Her lips parted in shock as she tried banging against it but it was useless. It was when she looked down that she noticed the symbols on the floor. She bent down, the symbols were familiar to her but she couldn't recall what they meant. She whispered an incantation under her breath and tried to break it except it didn't work.

"Lydia?" She whispered out to her friend. "Lydia, wake up!" When she that the girl was slowly opening her eyes and looking around in confusion, she spoke in a hushed tone. "Lydia, don't freak out. I need you to go and try to find help. You have to go before he comes back."

The strawberry blond sat up, staring at her in disbelief. "What about you?"

Imogen pointed to the circle on the floor. "It's a barrier spell. I can't get out. You need to go, Lyds." She said softly.

"I won't leave without you." Lydia told her sternly as she stood up and walked over to her. She tried walking through the barrier but blocked her. Her eyes watered, knowing that someone was going to die tonight but she didn't know who. "I can't leave you alone with him."

"It'll be fine. You just have to get help." She reassured her. "I'll keep trying to break out but at least you'll have a head start." Lydia looked ready to protest and Imogen gave her a stern look when they both heard the nearing footsteps. "Lydia, go. Now."

The banshee stepped back, her bottom lip quivering and reluctantly left. Imogen exhaled. "She won't get far." Void said calmly as he stepped out of the shadows, eyeing the witch.

She glared at him. "Why did you bring us?" She demanded. "And why am I locked in here?"

"Because Lydia has yet to reach her full potential so she isn't a real threat while you on the other hand can use magic." He told her, walking closer to the circle. "Right now, you're just as weak as she is."