Chapter 24: Control

Chapter 24:

Control

▲▽▲△▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲△▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲

Imogen knocked on the large door which was slid open seconds later

Imogen knocked on the large door which was slid open seconds later. She couldn't hide her surprise when the person who opened the door was Scott. "What are you doing here?" They both blurted out in unison.

"I came to talk to Derek about you." Scott told her as she stepped inside. "You know advice on this whole helping you control your werewolf side."

"Oh, okay." The two walked over to where Derek was sitting on his new couch. Her eyes fell on her cousin. It was weird to think about him that way since he had always been Derek Hale, the guy who turned teenagers back in their sophomore year. "I actually came by for the same reason and also to tell you that I saw your mom."

Derek looked at her, straightening up at the mention of his mother. "You did?"

She nodded, "Yeah, it's kinda like a dream and it's been coming to me in pieces but, I do remember seeing your mom. She was curious to know how you and Cora were doing. I also saw Laura." She said, noticing how tensed up he suddenly got. "She felt guilty for leaving you alone."

"It wasn't her fault." He muttered bitterly, the reminder that it was his uncle who killed her was something he couldn't forget.

"She was happy." She confessed, causing him to stare at her in surprise. She smiled sadly, "She's not alone Derek, your parents were with her. I think they're waiting for you and Cora, when your time comes."

He could barely remember the last time he had seen his sister Laura. It was hard remembering her before seeing her dead body. "Was she really happy?"

"Well, considering she was trying to tell me about her past sexapades, I think she's okay." She told him awkwardly, her cheeks flushing at how forward her cousin had been. "I mean, your mom even had to pull her away because of how open she was being."

Scott glanced at his girlfriend, she hadn't told him any of this.

He let out chuckle, surprising the couple since he never did that. He was always serious. Except whenever he bantered with Stiles that is. Derek looked at Imogen once he stopped chuckling, "I'm happy that she's still her weird self." His sister had always been blunt with him, so he felt like a weight was lifted off his shoulders knowing that Laura was still herself. It made him happy to know that his family was together. "So, anyways, your a werewolf now?"