Chapter 2: Open Wounds

"Ready for your first day of junior year?"

Imogen set her coffee mug down on the counter, her blue eyes flickering over to Grace who was cooking herself an omelet. "I guess." She paused. "It means that I have to start picking out colleges and preparing for SATs. Lydia apparently took hers her freshman year."

"Have any idea where you want to study?" Grace asked, turning her head to look at her.

The young witch sighed. "I don't even know what I want to study. Besides, I'm more worried about Sylvia. That little message she left while we were in New York was definitely creepy." She muttered, thinking back on how they were in Coney Island and saw a fortune teller.

It was more for her amusement that she went to meet the woman and as a result, the fortune tellers eyes had turned white when she grabbed her hand.

I would be more on guard, darling niece of mine. You never know where or when I could strike. It could just be the end of you. Just like your mother. It was right after the she had ripped her arm away from the fortune teller who had seemed startled and confused by what happened.

Grace pursed her lips, the message echoing in her mind as well and glanced at the clock. "Don't worry about her right now. You should be heading to school." Imogen looked at the clock as well and nodded, getting up she went to brush her teeth before heading off to school.

.

▷▷▷

.

Scott arrived at school on his new ride which was a green dirt bike that he had been able to buy from saving up. When he parked, he removed his helmet and eyed the two motorcycles with slight envy.

As if on sudden instinct, he looked up and caught sight of Imogen getting out of her car

As if on sudden instinct, he looked up and caught sight of Imogen getting out of her car. A pang in his chest reminded him that he couldn't go up to her and kiss her like he used to. Inhaling deeply, he relaxed and reminded himself that they still needed to talk which could lead to them getting back together. He had given her the summer to mourn how her mother really died and learning new spells while he focused on school.