Chapter 10: Escape

Chapter 10:

Escape

▲▽▲△▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲

▲▽▲△▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲

Brett realized why Liam was so angry all of a sudden as Theo dragged Liam away

Brett realized why Liam was so angry all of a sudden as Theo dragged Liam away. He felt the guilt of what he had done bubbling up.

Unaware of Brett's inner turmoil, Liam pulled away from Theo, "What's going on with you?" The chimera demanded, "This can't just be Nolan. Something around here is triggering you."

Liam didn't want to talk about it and he was sure that Brett didn't either. "I'm fine." He muttered, he really didn't want to delve into what had happened.

Theo didn't give up, "What is it? The hunters? You don't like cages, scared of heights?"

"I said I'm fine." The beta growled angrily and Brett flinched which was something Theo noticed.

"They're up here." Nolan called out and let out a startled shout when Liam tackled him over the over.

Theo turned to Brett who avoided his gaze, "Do you want to tell me what the hell is up with him?!" He demanded, having noticed the werewolf reek of guilt.

Brett swallowed and nodded. He began to tell the chimera how he had and a few of the other lacrosse players had brought Liam here. They had pelted Liam with lacrosse balls as punishment for losing them the game. They had only done it once but the incident obviously still hurt Liam and he hadn't apologized for that.

Theo merely stared at him for a moment when he finished before rushing off to stop Liam from doing something stupid. He had made it in time as Liam had a clawed hand raised in the air and managed to knock him out from behind. He looked at a cowering Nolan, "Run."

.
▷▷▷
.

Imogen and Scott stayed in their spot, wondering what to do about the red motion sensors. They debated in triggering them considering they could get to the door and just break it open.