Chapter 7: Clash

Chapter 7:

Clash

▲▽▲△▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲

▲▽▲△▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲

They listened to the conversation between Scott, Monroe, and Gerard

They listened to the conversation between Scott, Monroe, and Gerard. They learned that it was Mornoe who was leading the hunters. They learned the reason behind Monroe's bitterness towards the supernatural. She had been a victim of the Beast.

"You shouldn't have come alone, Scott." Monroe said.

Imogen nodded to her friends and Malia made the first move, knocking out the hunter closest to them. "He didn't." They made themselves known as they stood behind their alpha.

Monroe cocked her gun at them, Scott tensed, "Hey, hey, hey. We did not come here to fight."

"Well, then you came here to die."

Malia growled, making the hunters glare at her. "We're trying to protect you."

Gerard smirked, "You might wanna control your Beta, Scott. She could get you all killed." His eyes flickered to his granddaughter who scowled at him.

Isaac pulled Malia back, not wanting her to get shot. Lydis stepped up, "We're not the enemy. There's something else going on. We don't know what it is but we promise you, there's a bigger problem."

"Something worse than supernatural cannibals?" Monroe shot back and noticed their shocked expressions. "Yeah, I know everything now. Wendigos, oni, werecoyotes. People being murdered as human sacrifices?"

"We tried to stop those." Imogen said, taking notice of her boyfriend's expression. It wasn't easy being reminded of the people they couldn't save.

"And how many people lost their lives while you were "trying"?"

"Too many." Scott whispered, the deaths of all those people would always hang over him.

"It was twelve." Monroe spat out.

"Hey!" Isaac snapped, wanting her to stop talking.

She ignored him and gestured to the man behind her, "His son was one of them. His throat was cut and his head bashed in." She gestured to the other man, "His brother was a deputy. Gutted and torn apart. The official report read "Animal Attack.""