Chapter 3: Proof

"What?"

"What, what do you mean, "what"?" Scott asked, looking at his best friend as they walked to a birthday party that Stiles had been invited to. After hearing about the alphas from Derek, he hadn't really been up to coming with Stiles to this party but his best friend was persistent.

Stiles gave him a look. "I mean "what," and you know what."

His furrowed his brows. "What what?"

"That look you were giving." He said with exasperation.

"I didn't give a look."

"Oh, there was a distinct look, Scott."

"What look?" The teen wolf feigned innocence.

Stiles exhaled, "The look that says that the last thing you feel like doing right now is going to a party."

"It's not that." He glanced at him. "It just seems weird going to a different high school's party."

"What? Would you..." Stiles groaned. "God, one drink, all right? You'll be fine. I went to nursery school with this girl, okay? She promised to introduce us to all of her friends. So tonight, no Imogen, no Lydia. Tonight, we're moving on."

Scott could see how much tonight meant to his best friend and just went along with him. "You're right." He muttered.

"That's right I'm right." The human grinned cheerfully.

"Moving on." He echoed weakly, thought Stiles didn't seem to notice his tone. He had seen a missed call from Imogen and as much as he wanted to call her back, he knew that his best friend was taking the opportunity to move on and he was going to help him.

Stiles nodded. "Onward and upward."

"Let's do this." Scott sighed, forcing a smile onto his face.

"That's what I'm talking about. Now look at me."

They did their little handshake, "Okay." The two headed toward the house.

.

▷▷▷

.

"Are you sure about this?" Lydia questioned the witch in the driver's seat.

Imogen glanced at her, Allison was in the backseat. "That girl was looking for Scott and I don't know about you, but I don't think she wouldn't have left these bruises on us just to hurt us. It has to mean something."

"She did seem like it was life or death." Allison added, leaning up in her seat. "Did Scott pick up his phone?"

"No, but I left him a message." The witch muttered, trying to not sound too bothered that he didn't pick up.

"Then, how do you know where he is right now?" Lydia asked curiously.

Imogen exhaled. "I used a tracking spell. Thankfully, he isn't that far away." The other two remained silent as she drove.

.

▷▷▷

.

Scott was stunned as he watched his best friend being kissed by who he assumed to be the birthday girl. Then he watched his best friend being taken away by the blonde birthday girl who didn't seem to hide her intentions. It was honestly shocking to know that his best friend was more than likely going to get laid tonight.