Chapter 4: One In A Million

Chapter 4:

One In A Million

▲▽▲△▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲△▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲▽▲

Imogen couldn't stop staring at his face as they laid him on the metal table

Imogen couldn't stop staring at his face as they laid him on the metal table. It was still hard for her to believe that Derek was a teenager again.

Only hours earlier she and the rest had been in the desert being watched in the darkness. Malia had been cut by some strange creature that she claimed smelled like death. The hybrid had gone after the girl to help but hadn't been able to get a clear view of the creature that had been watching them.

Now they were back in Beacon Hills in the animal clinic where Deaton was staring at the young Derek Hale in disbelief.

She gripped her boyfriends hand, feeling concerned for Derek. She wasn't sure if there was a way to reverse him back to his age. She planned on looking through her and Grace's grimoires to see if she could find anything. She also had to ask Omar if he knew anything.

"Wow."

Stiles blinked, looking at the vet hopeful that he might know something. "Wow? Wow as in, "I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do," kind of wow? 'Cause that's the kind of wow we were hoping for."

Deaton looked over at them, "I think you might be overestimating my abilities."

"He's cold." Lydia told them, looking concerned as she held Derek's hand. She might not be close to Derek but he was important to her friends. "Really cold."

"Do you think this is permanent?" Scott asked, eyeing the teenager. It was still hard for him to look at the person on the table and remember that this was Derek Hale. The guy who used to follow and order him around in his sophomore year.

"I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate." Deaton said as he checked the young werewolf, "This is well beyond my experience."

"So what do we do with him?" Isaac gestured to Derek, "Do you want us to just leave him here?"