Let's Talk.

Ok. There are a few things I wanna talk about, that I feel need to be addressed. So here we go!

Diona's Age

Ok. There is a big debate on whether or not Diona is a child. Now to me, a child, NOT A TEEN, are people who are 12 and below. 13 I have mixed feelings about, since yeah, they're teens, but they're still very young. So for me personally, characters who appear 12 and below I say a complete no to. Characters who appear to be 13-14 I have mixed feelings about, cause again, they're quite young, and even though they're teenagers, I still feel uncomfortable.

Now then, Diona. I have read her story (from Wiki Fandom). All the characters do not have official ages, except for Zhongli in a way? Anyways, one part of her story says "But young Diona also found that her father would wind up particularly drunk on such nights, becoming dead to the world before he could finish her bed-time story". To me personally, children, NOT TEENS, ask for bedtime stories. She did steal the cocktail shaker when Draff was out hunting, but he just ended up buying a new one instead of looking for the one she hid. Now she did go to the Cat's Tail to try out the role of bartender, and it doesn't say if this was a next day thing, a next week thing, a next month thing, or a next year thing. When she did go to the Cat's Tail to try out, she brought the cocktail shaker she had hidden from her dad, Draff. Margret did give her a cocktail shaker "equipped with a lovely cat's tail as an induction gift".

I did look up how old you have to be to work in Germany (since Mondstadt is German and is based off of German culture) and the first result was 15. BUT, it did say it depends on the job you are going for, so the minimum can go up. To be a bartender in Germany, I looked it up and the minimum age is 18. Now I have no idea if Monstadt follows the same laws as Germany does, because it is a FICTIONAL WORLD with FICTIONAL CHARACTERS based off of real places. Now it does say "Margret, the owner of Cat's Tail...had a much simpler reason for hiring Diona". Now hiring means she has an official job there, she's being paid. Like I said, FICTOINAL WORLD with FICTOINAL CHARACTERS and I have NO IDEA if the Genshin Impact world follows the same laws on the countries they're based off of. For all we know, Diona could be 13-14 who was hired by Margret because "She's just too cute". Yes, that came from Diona's official story.

Anyways, like I said before, there's no official age for the characters. I have checked at least 3 different websites and all of them either don't mention their age except for what's been written in the stories (that come from the game), says "N/A", or says "unknown". To me personally, Diona has a child's body. She's quite small (yes I know some people are born as a little person) but from observation, from pictures and experience of meeting little people, her physical appearance does not match someone who is a little person. She also might not be a little person and was just born with a small body, but that just gives me all the more reason NOT to write a romance story with her.

She has referred to her father as "daddy", which from personal experience, little children call their parents by either "mommy" and "daddy". Now there are some teens (I have not met any adult that calls their parents "mommy" or "daddy") that do call their fathers "daddy", but from personal experience, those a very pampered children. I am not saying all teens that may call their fathers "daddy" are pampered, but personal experience has 95% of those kinds of teens be very pampered and petty girls.

Like I said before, to me personally, Diona has a child's body. That makes me VERY uncomfortable. What really does not help is there being no official age for the Genshin Impact characters.