🌬Xiao🌬

This was requested by AoiPeace from Quotev.

        You know...I really should be trying to get my mental health in order....but writing and drawing seems to be the only thing that's keeping me sane right now.

        "Baba!" A tiny voice brought the Yaksha from his thoughts. His amber eyes looked up from the green grass, and landed on a tiny figure not 10 feet away. Xiaolian was jumping up and down, showing her father the hydro slime she found. "Look! I got a slime!"

        "Xiaolian?" Xiao askes, and got himself up off the ground and ran towards his daughter. Even thought his daughter has never once gotten hurt when she would hold a slime, regardless of its element, it would never stop this father from worrying about his immortal daughter. "What have I told you about  picking up wild slimes?"

        "Don't pick them up unless mama or baba deem them safe..." The little (h/c) haired girl mumbled, putting the hydro slime down, who started hopping away as fast as it could. "Sorry baba..."

        Xiao sighed softly, before he got down on his knees so he could be eye level with his 7 year old daughter. "It's alright my Silk Flower. It is my job as your father to worry about you till the end of my days."

        "When is mama supposed to get back?" Xiaolian asked, wanting to see her beloved mother.

        (Y/n), her mother, has been away for almost 2 years now. Her country is suffering a sudden energy loss. Her country relied heavily on its natural energy to keep it safe from outside danger. Now with a lot of outside dangers flooding into Nishati's boarders, (Y/n) had to go and protect the people she's sworn to protect.

        As much as Xiao would have gone with his wife of 300 years, the Energiro Archon told him to stay, because their at the time 5 year old daughter needed a parent. With a goodbye kiss to her husbands lips and her daughters forehead, (Y/n) left.

         Xiao gently picked up his daughter, his arm under her butt and the other around her back to keep her steady. He kisses her forehead gently, a small sad smile on his face. "She'll be home soon, I promise."

        (Y/n) flew around Nishati, looking for the source of her lands sudden energy depletion. She's been searching non-stop for 2 years now, and she feels like all she'll hit is a dead end.

        The one thing that kept her going, was the thought of her daughter and husband. She missed them so. Being away for 2 years made (Y/n) wish she could give up her Archon position and stay at the Wangshu Inn with her family, but (Y/n) has found no one worthy of her Gnosis.

         Sighing, (Y/n) kept flying as far as she could go. The lack of natural energy was starting to get to her people. Their bodies are used to consuming vegetables and food with high amounts of energy, and now with most of it gone, they're all becoming weaker and more tired. There's only so much time she has before they have to start eating normal food from other nations.

         "Anything, Bia?" Audre asked, flying next to her goddess.

        Sighing, (Y/n) shook her head. "Nothing. I don't understand, what is depleting the energy? Nishati has natural energy. Is there something that's taking away our energy?"

        "It's hard to tell," Audre said, sighing softly. "What's not helping is the Harbingers suddenly flooding in. We've already had to drive out 5 Harbingers in the last 10 months, and it took us almost 2 months to get them out of our boarders."

        "Nishati doesn't have a heart, does it?" (Y/n) asked, not sure if she knows her own natoin.

        "Not that I'm aware of," Audre shook her head. "But we will figure this out, I promise."