🍰Xiao🍰

This is a late birthday special for Xiao.

        Hopping up, (Y/n) grabbed a large book that stood at the very top of the already gargantuous library shelf. She used a Hurricane Seed to push herself up, and now she's using the seed to land softly on the floor. Nishati's library was the largest in all of Teyvat, most of history from before Bia and the Archons were recorded. The people recorded everything, and everything that was recorded helped (Y/n) into building Nishati, making it stronger than it already was.

        "Hey Bia!" Audre yelled from the second floor of the library. "Where are you?"

        "Up here!" (Y/n) yelled from the fifth floor. She looked down from the railing, and saw her second in command looking up at here. "Whats up?"

        "You have a visitor here," Audre said. "It's that Yaksha from Liyue."

        "Xiao?" (Y/n) asked, wondering why the last remaining Yaksha was in Nishati. He never came to Nishati unless with was with (Y/n)'s older brother figure. "Please bring him to my office. I would like to see him in my office, since he does not like crowds."

        "On it!" Audre smiled and rushed out of the library.

        (Y/n) started to finish up her little scavenger hunt for different journals that contained stories and observations from previous people. She was on a small investigation and needed some records to put some pieces together. She also wanted to maintain most of the philosophy from the previous residents. It's always good to keep some roots of the people in tact while ruling in a completely different way.

        "Oh well," (Y/n) said. "At least I won't have to travel to Liyue to give him his gift."

        "Hello Xiao!" (Y/n) smiled happily, walking into her office. The Yaksha was sitting in one of the chairs across from (Y/n)'s desk chair, a pot and cup of tea on a tray. "It's good to see you again! What brings you here?"

        "I brought something for you," Xiao said. He reached into his pocket, and showed some crystal cores. "There was nothing for me to do today. So, I decided I would find a Crystalfly for you-to put in your hair. I thought that...it would look nice." His face was as red as a tomato. He was quite embarrassed to be saying this to the women he's loved for so long. "If you wish to meet me, speak my name...I do not care much for birthdays and celebrations, and I do not wish to be around large groups of people. To be abele to spend some time with you is enough."

        (Y/n) smiled, and walked over to her long time friend. She sat down in the other guest chair next to him, and faced him. "Thank you greatly, Xiao. But it is your birthday. So," She summoned her grimoire, and used a Hurricane Seed. She used the treasure to levitate a something out of a little fridge. She had the plate sit in front of him. "I made some Almond Tofu for you! I know you really like this dish, so I thought I would make it for you."

        Xiao looked at the plate. He was not expecting to be gifted his favorite dish. He thought it was just going to be him giving (Y/n) Crystalflies and put them in her hair, but here he is, receiving a dish made specifically by (Y/n). He felt his heart beat. "Thank you. I really appreciate it. Now turn around."

        "Huh?"       

        Xiao turned (Y/n) away form him. Half of his intentions was to put the Crystalflies in her hair, like he said he would do earlier. The other half? So she wouldn't see his face flushed completely red. He started combing his fingers through the Archon's hair, getting out as many knots as he could.

        (Y/n) just let him do whatever he wanted with her hair. She wasn't going to complain, and it felt nice. "When was the last time I was able to let someone play with my hair? Was it during the Archon War? When Morax tried to help me sleep?"

        "What are you thinking about?" Xiao asked. He noticed (Y/n)'s silence, something pretty rare with her when it was just them together. Usually the Archon of Energiro would be chatting his ear off, asking how he was while she went on and on about her own time in Nishati and all the things she's doing for her people.

        "I was just trying to remember the last time I had let someone play with my hair," (Y/n) said. Nothing to hide here. "The last time I think I had let someone play with my hair, was when Morax tried to help me sleep. I had lost Havria not long before that night I finally slept for once. Once the war ended and we were given our Gnosis, I had to leave and take care of my own nation, and I never had time to relax now that I ahve someone I have to protect."

        "Thinking about such things form the past is not worth you time," Xiao said, putting one of the Crystalflies in (Y/n)'s hair. "You are now an Archon, and if those events of the past never happened, you could be the one no longer with us."

        "True," (Y/n) sighed. "But it's sad for me, because I lost my best friend all because she was a pacifist. Morax couldn't protect her because of his own battles, and I was too late because of my own battles. There is nothing I can do to change the past, so all I can do is just accept my past."

        Xiao continued to put some Crystalflies into (Y/n)'s hair, before he called it done. "I am finished."

        (Y/n) looked into the mirror, and she smiled. She loved her new hairstyle and the Crystalflies were so neat. Her hair hair had no strands popping out, something most people can't do. "This looks amazing! Thank you Xiao! Now you should enjoy your food."

        "I will enjoy it later," Xiao said. "I would rather enjoy my time with you."

        (Y/n) smiled, and poured herself a cup of tea, ready to talk about anything.