?Dainslief?

This was requested by Adelaide Crimshaw from Quotev.

        So this is going to be kind of like a VR version of Genshin Impact. You take the place of Aether and Lumine. You can go into Co-Op with other people, the mechanics are kinda all like Genshim. Your appearance isn't set, you get to choose your appearance and all that stuff. As for your element, we're gonna leave it as Energiro because everyone prefers their own element, and Energiro is the most neutral since you can switch between all of em, like Aether and Lumine. Get what I mean?

        This takes place during the Archon Quest, Chapter 2 Act 4 specifically. It's the Cavern Archon Quest if that helps with the time setting. So if you have not played up till here and do not wish to be spoiled, I suggest you don't read this chapter. It's tiny spoilers, like, really tiny, but still.

        Anyways, enjoy.

        Setting up her VR headset and the rest of her equipment, (Y/n) was not super excited to get started on the game her parents had pre-downloaded onto her headset. Genshin Impact, it was called, a game with many age ranges playing, with a couple of age ranges being a bit questionable.

        She turned 20 two days ago, but didn't feel like busting out the VR headset and other equipment because she wanted to enjoy the time off from work while she could. She took 2 weeks off after not getting much time off after she started working, 4 years ago.

        "Alright, so, step on this," She stepped on a walking piece that would let her move her legs around the world, without moving anywhere in the room. It was a nifty piece of equipment. "And get this set around my waist to prevent falling, and now I can put the headset on."

        With the helmet on, she looked at the main menu, and found the already downloaded game. "Wow, this thing takes up quite a few gigabytes. I might have to get a computer to help store it. Anyways, let's get this game started."

        "Okay then," (Y/n) sighed, looking at her current Mora pouch and how much was inside. "This should be enough to level up Eula. I still find it cool we can switch between ourselves and these characters to play as them. Though, I think Xiao's elemental skill is going to make me motion sick..."

        Where was she right now? She's at the bottom of the Cavern, doing the cavern Archon Quest. She's already met up with Dainsleif, but there was something she noticed a little differently than what her friends are telling her. Dainsleif is just supposed to talk to us and then move on, but the strange thing is that he stares at her. He's supposed to look away at certain points to investigate, but he's been staring at her when he talks. She's kept herself as her original character, since she liked her Vision and her weapon, and mainly has off field support characters while she built herself as a main DPS, and let's just say, switching between artifacts sucks.

        Right now, she is in the part of the quest where she learns more about the hilichurls and the people of Khaenri'ah. She had just learned from Dainsleif about the curse placed upon the people, and when they start to feel like themselves again before dying, they stay somewhere quiet and peaceful so that they may rest.

        "Conversation's over, brace yourselves!" Dain cut (Y/n) out of her thoughts, with sudden enemies showing up.

        Quickly, (Y/n) disposed of them with her team. She found her current element, Pyro, to be the most suited as a main DPS while her Anemo build is better for gathering. However the mechanics worked, they all worked differently whenever you switch between elements, so that means a lot of farming and a lot of pain for when those artifacts went to hot garbage substats when having the most amazing other substats and main stats.