🌬Xiao🌬

This is going to be a modern day Highschool AU. Characters who are adults (Zhongli, Kaeya, Diluc, Jean, Lisa, Venti [because he's an Archon so he's technically an adult]) are going to be in College. Characters who are teenagers (Childe, Xiao, Amber, Bemette, Aether and Lumine, etc) are going to be highschool students. And then there are the children (Diona, Klee, Qiqi, and Teucer) who are going to be elementary school students. Does that kinda clear it up? Yes? Ok! Let's go!

"I hate this so much...." (Y/n) groaned, sitting in her math class for college. "Zhongli...please help me...I don't understand math..."

"Then you should have taken a different major," Zhongli said, doing the problems that he was given. "Maybe you should have majored in Bio Chemistry. You were better at that in high school."

"Yeah...but this math class is a necessary class for my bio engineering class..." (Y/n) groaned, hitting her head repeatedly on the table. "And I really do not want to this stuff...so help me."

"No," Zhongli continued to work on the worksheet. "Give it a try by yourself, and then I'll look over your answers."

"(Y/n) still struggling?" Venti asked, coming over towards his fellow friends. "And here I thought you would've gotten the hang of math after taking the summer school classes."

"I would have preferred to be with you and Morax instead of staying around here," (Y/n) sighed. They had nicknames for each other, since they all had a group of 8 very close friends, ones who's bonds could not be shaken. Sadly the other 5 had to move away, leaving behind different people they trusted to keep communications and relationships with. Sadly, the girl known as the Tsaritsa had joined about 5 months ago, someone that (Y/n) could not trust at all. "And you, Barbatos, I know you've been out at the Angel's Share bar and drinking to your hearts continent. Has your hangovers caught up to you?"

"Surprisingly no," Venti shrugged his shoulders. he was 22 years old, while Zhongli is also 22 and (Y/n) is turning 22 in the next few months, all at the legal age of drinking. "But the day that my drinking does catch up to me, I'll be sure to call one of you!"

"No!" The two other students yelled. The last time Venti got drunk, and he called Zhongli and (Y/n), they were studying for exams that were the next day. Venti also threw up all over Zhongli's clothes and threw up in (Y/n)'s hair. Of course they're not going to come to his aid when he gets drunk.

"By the way, are we gonna go visit Zhongli's friends at Liyue High?" (Y/n) asked, yawning a little.

"No, we are not." Zhongli shook his head, refusing to go see his entrusted friends at Liyue Highschool.

"Hi Xiao!" (Y/n) waved happily. They ended up going anyways, but mainly (Y/n) and Zhongli, since Venti was going to one of his classes that was scheduled for later in the day.

"Hello (Y/n)," Xiao greeted. He was used to her energetic personality, so this was nothing to him. "It is good to see you again. Are you passing your classes?"

"Barley with math," (Y/n) sighed, showing him her latest math test, which was barely a passing grade. "Zhongli keeps refusing to teach me how to do this properly, and says I need to do it all myself. So when I do, he checks up on my progress but never tells me what I did wrong."

"It's because I have explained it to you over and over again, but you still cannot grasp what I am teaching you," Zhongli sighed. He's already tried to explain it all to (Y/n), but the girl was still struggling. "I prefer to let you look for the answers online."

"But that's even worse...." (Y/n) groaned. "They keep teaching us different ways but the teacher never accepts the way I do it...it's so stupid."

"If you wish, I can tutor you in math." Xiao offered.

"Thanks Xiao, but this stuff is college level stuff, and you're graduating high school," (Y/n) rejected the offer with a small smile. "You should really focus on graduating and getting your college applications in to the schools that you wish to apply to."

"I do plan on applying to Tevayt University, or Liyue Institute of Technology," Xiao shrugged his shoulders. "Those schools are easy for me to get into."

"And this girl barely even passed her classes." Zhongli pitched in.

"Not helping, Morax," (Y/n) sighed, hanging her head down low in shame. "You're both mean, you know that? Both of you being so smart but here I am being the dumb one."

"You'll be just fine," Xiao patted (Y/n)'s head softly. "Just try studying a little more, and I am sure you are gong to be able to get it in no time."

"Thanks..." The girl mumbled, before a reminder came onto her phone. Opening up the notifications app, (Y/n) saw she weas going to be late to her part time job. "Crud! I gotta go guys! Work starts in a little bit!" The girl ran off, waving goodbye while she ran down the sidewalk.

Zhongli and Xiao both waved goodbye.

"When do you plan on asking her out?" Zhongli asked, knowing about his subordinates crush on the girl.

"When I enter Teyvant University," Xiao said. He already had his plan for asking (Y/n) to be his girlfriend. "By then, I'll be able to prove to her that I am worthy to be her boyfriend."

"You already are," Zhongli patted Xiao's back softly. "Just being there for her is proof enough. No need to have such high grades or being so gentleman like. Just be yourself, that's what she really cares about."

"How do you know she prefers that?"

"She rants to me all the time. What do you expect?"

"Ok, good point."