❄Kaeya❄

まお Mao from Quotev.

Ok, so I'm not sure if you guys know, but about 2 years ago I was in the worst mental state I could be in. Not as in depression, but I was completely overwhelmed with everything in my life. I had team training, the expectations of winning at nationals, theater and making sure all 3 shows go according to plan, school and the absolute crap ton of work they gave us, and overall my mental health was at it's lowest point. I suffer from stress headaches. The tiniest amounts of stress sends me into a bad mental state, and my entire being shuts down. I'm not motivated to do anything, I feel out of it, I sleep to an unhealthy amount, and I get bad headaches. Not saying migraines aren't bad, but it's definingly worse than a normal headache but migraines take the cake. So that's kinda why updates have been much slower, cause my mental health is very bad and I can't handle stress at all. So sorry again for chapters being very slow.

Anyways, this takes place during the current 1.4 update, the Windbloom Festival, so spoilers.

"You're doing what now?" (Y/n) asked her old friend, as thy were standing the Plaza of Mondstadt, with all of Mondstadt decorated with amazing flowers and dandelion seeds everywhere. (Y/n) was starting to get worried that her allergies might kick in, and she'll be a sneezing mess the entire festival. "You're teaching classes, on how to write love poems...?"

"Yep!" Venti smiled brightly. "And believe it or not, I have a certain Cavalry Captain taking a class right now. I'm also having the Traveler and Paimon helping me with everyone."

"You're going to be paying Lumine and Paimon, right?" (Y/n) asked, raising an eyebrow. "Or are you just using them for free labor so you don't have to bother with people asking you for help when it comes to love advice? And why the heck would Kaeya take classes? He's already a walking flirt, and the ladies already swoon for him enough as it is."

"Who knows, maybe he's trying to impress a certain lady?" Venti asked, nudging (Y/n) with his elbow. He's known about (Y/n)'s crush on the Cavalry Captain of the Knights of Favonius. Of course, he's going to be teasing (Y/n) about this till the end of time, he's still teasing her about a crush she had on a human over 230 years ago. "A certain, (h/c) haired girl with amazing (e/c) eyes and a beautiful personality and heart?"

"Are you trying to flirt? Cause if you are, you're falling," (Y/n) whacked her old friend on the back of the head, not enough to hurt, but enough to get her point across. "But seriously, it doesn't matter if Kaeya is taking classes with you or not. Shouldn't matter to me, since I am going to be busy helping Diluc at Angel's Share with the drunk customers wanting the limited edition wine."

"Can you steal a bottle for me?" Venti asked, half teasing and half being serious.

"No," (Y/n) said, shaking her head. "I am not going to steal a bottle of wine for you. You pay for it yourself, or you work for Diluc and he gives it to you as an employees gift."

"Wait, what did he give you for your employees gift?" Venti asked, wondering what (Y/n) may have gotten.

"I'm not officially working there," (Y/n) said. "So I don't get the employees discount. Besides, Diluc is keeping our secrets, since you couldn't keep your stupid mouth shut and spilled to the man about my secret. We are lucky he already knows about your secret since the Dvalin thing, and is keeping my secret cause you got drunk off your butt, again."

"Ok ok, I'm still sorry about that," Venti said. He did feel pretty bad for accidentally telling Diluc (Y/n)'s secret of being an Archon, but Diluc finds nothing he could gain for telling anyone (Y/n)'s secret, so he keeps his mouth shut. Besides, (Y/n) helps him get rid of the drunk ones in his establishment. "Anyways, you should get going now, alright?"

"Yeah yeah," (Y/n) said, waving goodbye to er friend. "Cya later Barbs."

"Cya Bia!"

"He's drunk? Again? And shouldn't he be taking that poetry class with Venti?" (Y/n) asked Diluc, as Kaeya was drinking with some of his friends.

"He's doing what now?" Diluc asked, not able to fathom what (Y/n) just said about the classes. "Taking poetry classes?"

"Yeah," (Y/n) said, cleaning a glass. "A love poetry class that Barbs is teaching. He'll be paying Barbs through mora and that limited edition wine that you're making."

"Of course he is," Diluc sighed. "Why would that idiot take love poetry classes? Is he thinking of settling down?"

"Who knows," (Y/n) shrugged her shoulders. "For all I know, he could just be taking the classes and be the smart guy like he always is, or he's found someone he thinks he'll have a committed relationship with, or he's just bored. I'm going to go with either the first option or the last option."

"That sounds like him," Diluc said. "Anyways, go bring these drinks to their tables. Kaeya is paying, so I don't care on how much he orders."

"Trying to milk that mora from him?"

"You could say that."

(Y/n) felt the ends of her lips curl up into a smile as she took the trey of drinks over to Kaeya and two of his drinking friends. "Here you go boys, drinks on Kaeya."

"Thanks (Y/n)." The other two said, taking the gasses of wine from the trey.

"So, (Y/n), I believe you've heard I'm taking a poetry class," Kaeya overheard the conversation with (Y/n) and Diluc. He may be drinking and his senses may be going dull, but that doesn't mean he isn't going to understand or hear everything. "How does this line sound: the angel in my eyes ascended from heaven, with her fierce skills and angelic features?"

"Well, if you're describing some sort of strong girl, I'd say go with that I guess," (Y/n) shrugged her shoulders. "But for me personally, you shouldn't focus on her outward appearance. Start focusing on her inner appearance, her personality and all that stuff. If you plan on swooning a girl, focus on her personality, her heart, and what she does. Just her looks are only going to attract unwanted attention to yourself."

"How interesting," Kaeya said in his usual soothing and silky voice, that made most girls swoon. "Is that what you want your partner to focus on when it comes to a poem about you?"

"Ew," (Y/n) said. "I'd rather skip the sweet stuff and just have him tell me right then and there. Yeah it's a nice feeling to have compliments, but too many will creep anyone out. Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta help around here. Enjoy your drinks boys." And off she went to start getting other drinks from Diluc so she could serve them to the rest of Angel's Share.