1

Chapter 1-A little ghost foodie has appeared?!

“WHAA-!” The moment Wen Jiexi opened her eyes, a pair of widened blue eyes were staring down at her, causing her to  scream instantly. 

“GAHH-!” The owner of that pair of blue eyes also screamed when Wen Jiexi screamed. 

“W-Who…What are you?!” Wen Jiexi quickly crawled backwards on her hands and saw that it was …eh …a kawaii little ghost, one that you could fit into your palms. There were only eyes, no mouth, but its tiny, short hands were waving up and down. If she saw something like this on the internet then it would’ve been cute, but when a 3-D version was right in front of you, it wasn’t as funny!

“Yo, my contractor, you’ve finally awakened!” The little ghost greeted Wen Jiexi with its chubby arms. 

“You…what are you?” Before Wen Jiexi could finish speaking, the door banged open, and a woman rushed in. From a glance, one could tell that the woman  had maintained their beauty despite their age, their facial features were still refined and youthful. However, currently, the beautiful woman’s face was twisted with anxiety and worry.

“Little Xi, is something wrong? Did something happen?” Tan Yashi urgently asked her daughter as she looked around her daughter’s room with alert eyes. 

“Um..this…” From Tan Yashi’s reaction, Wen Jiexi was shocked her mother couldn’t see the little ghost floating in front of her. Could it be that only she could see it? What is going on? However, the only one who could explain everything was this little ghost in front of her! Thinking like this, Wen Jiexi, hurriedly smiled at Tan Yashi, 

“Mom, everything if fine. It’s just that some things fell and I was scared by the sound.” 

“Is that so? Ok…then. Little Xi you’re body is fragile, you must rest well. It’s quite rare to get some vacation time, so you stay here and rest up, mother will call you when it’s time to eat.” Tan Yashi hesitated for a second, but eventually nodded her head and walked out, closing the door quietly behind her. 

Tan Yashi: Wuwuwu, my daughter is all grown up now! She’s even keeping secrets from me! 

Looking at the closed door, Wen Jiexi sighed with relief, then warily asked the little ghost, 

“What kind of thing are you?” 

“Me? I’m not a ‘thing’, I’m a little ghost! But you can call me Lord Little Ghost!” Little Ghost tilted its head and then raised their chin proudly. 

Wen Jiexi: “…..” 

 Wen Jiexi was speechless. Little Ghost? Such a simple name and a simple answer, what was the point of asking in the first place?

“Haah…you humans are so troublesome!” The little ghost seemed to understand why Wen Jiexi was speechless and floated over to lay on Wen Jiexi’s bed. 

“How to explain…to put it simply, I’m what you humans refer to as a system.”

“System?” Wen Jiexi looked at Little Ghost with suspicion, disbelief obvious in her voice. Wen Jiexi’s poor health caused her to stay at home most of the time, which can get very boring over time. So she could only pass the time by surfing the internet and reading novels. Naturally, the word “system” was no stranger to her….