71

Ch.71- Are all cats good cats?!
Da…da…..da….

As the footsteps got closer and more rapid, their heartbeats accelerated and their nerves tensed. They held their iron poles tightly as they stared intensely at the door in front of them.

The footsteps stopped in front of the door, then there was a sound of something brushing against the door and a slight thump that did not sound like a human. There was no doubt that the person outside wasn’t really a person, but rather some sort of animal. Could it be….a monster? Do monsters really exist?

They didn’t dare to even breathe as they waited, lightly holding their hands to their mouths.

Bang! Bang! There was a big slapping sound before the footsteps slowly got quieter, farther and farther away as it finally disappeared.

“Phew…..d-did it leave?” Shi Junmao collapsed onto the floor, sitting directly on the ground regardless of the dirt and grime.

“My hands are so sweaty.” Lan Yuyan wiped his hands against his pants with a wry smile.

“That was terrifying! What the hell was outside just now?!” Wen Ting said in a panic, holding her head in her hands.

“Calm down, if we panic now it will only make things worse. We’re safe, at least for now, so we should figure out what to do next. How to avoid whatever that thing is and then find a way to get out of this place.” Chu Heling said calmly.

“We should search for materials we can use to perhaps make a trap or something we can use to take down that creature.” Li Lingqing echoed Chu Heling’s sentiments.

“But….it’s disgusting….” Shi Junmao picked up some of the old uniforms lying around with a face of utter disgust. The musty smell revealed that these clothes have been here for a few decades at least and combined with the dust, the smell made one feel nauseous….

“Stop complaining, we’re lucky to find anything in here. The traps need to be small too, as we can’t dig any pits in here.” Mu Du’s face was stained with a disgusted expression, covering his nose and mouth with his shirt.

“Then what kind of trap are we making?” Wen Jiexi’s mouth and nose were covered by Su Chenyu’s hand. The sweet fragrance coming from the hand covering her nose was even more powerful than the musty smell in the air.

“I think we can make a maze. A labyrinth of sorts. That kind of trap.” Wen Ting proposed.

“Although the clothes aren’t very strong, they can at least be used as obstacles to block your path. And if we twist all the clothes together, I think we can create a rather strong rope.”

Everyone then turned to look at Wen Jiexi. Although these fabrics were indeed rather brittle and weak after decades of neglect, it still wasn’t possible for a normal human to tear a durable uniform apart with their bare hands. Therefore, this duty should be left to Wen Jiexi. With no scissors around, then the best candidate to tear these clothes apart with their bare hands was her.

“Leave it to me, just make sure to tie the pieces of clothing together after I’m done.” Wen Jiexi nodded, accepting this heavy responsibility without any hesitation.

Riippp- Riippp-

The sound of fabric being torn rang out in the silent room.

For Wen Jiexi, this was a simple matter and she easily tore the fabric into tiny strips before handing them to everyone else.

Since their resources are limited, they could only twist the several pieces into braids to increase their toughness. Then they combined several braids together, tightened them and finally tied a few tight knots.