45

Chapter 45- Just watch quietly?!
After finishing her breakfast, Wen Jiexi returned to her room. Despite the episode she just had with Zhong Liwen, her mood was not in the least bit affected and she began stretching leisurely.

“Dango, go outside and stand guard. Report back to me if you see Sister Su.”

“Why? You’re just completing the missions, there’s no need to hide.” Dango floated lazily in the air and replied in a disapproving tone. However, he was immediately defeated by Wen Jiexi’s calm (intimidating) gaze but still haggled for a compromise,

“Fine, but I want five bars of chocolate for my hard work!”

“Deal.” Wen Jiexi replied calmly. The five bars of chocolate would only cost her 50 points, so it was a deal that benefitted her greatly.

With Dango hovering outside the door, Wen Jiexi began to do her stretching in earnest. Dango shouted out the contents of the mission while standing guard at the door and she started completing missions as quickly as she could.

She learned her lesson from last time and now followed Su Chenyu’s ‘teachings’ meticulously by resting for about ten minutes between missions. First, this is so she can prevent any muscle soreness or tightness. Second, no muscle fatigue meant no ‘heavenly’ massages and third….well….to get rid of her guilty conscience of going behind a certain goddess’ back….

“Whew….how refreshing….” Wiping her sweat with a towel, Wen Jiexi opened the minifridge and grabbed a bottle of juice. She downed the entire bottle and an icy cold feeling spread over her body.

If it was like before, I would’ve coughed like crazy because the cold would’ve hurt my sick body. Nut now I only feel refreshed all over! She thought happily. Everything was going great today, and she had not wasted this day off as the golden mission was only a silver away from being done.

“Jiexi, Jiexi, she’s back, she’s back!” At this moment, Dango flew through the door and yelled frantically at Wen Jiexi.

“Ah? Oh!” Wen Jiexi froze for a second but immediately recovered and dove to the side. She quickly grabbed a change of clothes and then rushed into the bathroom. Before closing the door, she poked out her head to make sure she didn’t leave anything behind that would incriminate her and then hurriedly closed the door after seeing the coast was clear.

Just as she turned on the water, the sound of a door closing and opening could be heard. Straining her ears, she heard no noise from the person who came in. Only after that did she increase the amount of water flowing in the tub and began undressing so she could take a bath.

Su Chenyu threw the papers in her hand away and looked around the empty room. Everything was quiet except for the tranquil sounds of water splashing coming from the bathroom. Is she taking a bath?

She looked around the room and found that almost nothing was moved and it even seems that the little sheep had deliberately cleaned up the room. Su Chenyu could almost smell the guilty conscience but she could only shake her head helplessly. She had expected that Wen Jiexi would not obediently obey her words.

She stopped near Wen Jiexi’s bed and stared at the sheets neatly lying on top. She recalled the unique scent she had smelled, a light smell that made her feel warm and at ease. It really made her want to roll around in the bed to soak up that scent.

And so she did just that. She unceremoniously laid on the bed, a little amused by her rather childish impulse. Then suddenly she heard the sounds of water in the bathroom suddenly increase. She raised her eyebrows. Such an obvious change meant that Wen Jiexi knew she was back.