27

Chapter 27- I chose my first drama?!
Two days later, Wen Jiexi and Li Lingmeng packed up their suitcases and left their dorms during one of those carefully selected time slots where there would be few people around. A sleek black car waited for them outside and leaning against the car was a woman wearing sunglasses and wrapped in a black dress. Her hot figure in the short dress exposed her long legs which caused many people to stop and state.

Wen Jiexi could only sigh in her heart when she saw her agent. Her agent was prettier than even some celebrities out there and yet she didn’t want to be a star but choose to be an agent instead. Does she like being an agent that much?

“Oh, great, you two are here. Quick, get in the car.” Xue Molin beckoned at them and helped put their suitcases in the back before climbing into the driver’s seat.

“Alright, let’s go! Oh, right, Lingmeng, since you’re old enough now, you should take the driver’s license exam. As an assistant, you should at least be able to provide some transportation for your artist. Jiexi, when you have some free time, you should take the exam too. Then when you get your first paycheck, you can buy yourself a car. The company will only arrange for transportation to and from jobs, but will not drive you to school. I also have other things to do so I will not be able to send you to school either, therefore, you two have to figure out your own ride.”

“I understand, I’ll take the exam as soon as I can.” Li Lingmeng nodded.

“As for your housing, it will be a two-person living arrangement. That way, it shouldn’t feel too lonely. The furniture is already prepared and a housekeeper would come by every week to clean the place. Of course, they will only clean during times when you’re not around so you don’t have to worry about anyone walking in at inopportune times. Oh, we already did the first round of elimination for Jiexi’s scripts but since you don’t have any reputation yet, you won’t be able to get into any of the famous dramas. I mean, with my connections and networking, we can definitely get you in but you don’t have a good foundation yet. So even if I do force you in, you might encounter so problems. Instead, let’s take this one step at a time.” Xue Molin turned the steering wheel while glancing back at Wen Jiexi through the rearview mirror.

“I’ll listen to Sister Xue. I’m not familiar with this so I will do whatever Sister Xue arranges for me.” Wen Jiexi smiled, her thoughts were preoccupied with Dango to really worry about what Xue Molin was saying.

“Jiexi, see, I told you that this stunt performer job was good! Just look at this! All the blue missions’ rewards have been doubled and there are more yellow missions too!” Dango laughed loudly.

Previously, the blue missions were simple things like doing 100 sit-ups or push-ups. Now the number has refreshed and rose to about 500 sit-ups or push-ups and the rewards have double, even tripled. The yellow missions were also a little more difficult and the rewards were richer. It seems that the stunt performer occupations really were great, in just two days she had gotten a big harvest.

If only all the missions later on will be this easy.

“The blue missions shouldn’t change anymore, but the yellow missions will get more and more difficult. However, rest assured Jiexi, I will ask you first before I accept a mission.” Dango had learned from last time when Dango accepted that basketball mission without her consent. Dango was still a bit traumatized from that event and decided to be more obedient in the future. After all, even though his contractor was usually very gentle did not mean she didn’t have a temper.

In the future, just tell me the mission’s content, reward, and penalty. After all, don’t some of the missions disappear after a while? It’ll be too slow if we have to wait until I’m alone for me to go through each one.